Evoque Owners Club banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
Perhaps we need to get back on topic, whatever that was LOL(y)

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
LOL, Thank you Sir.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Of course but you didn't use the reply bubble, thats part of the scheme, sorry for any confusion caused, terms and conditions apply!
All replies must be replied to by the reply balloon.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
But surely veteran, your reply means that I do indeed to to respond in reply form and as a response to your initial reply, otherwise it is not a resposible reply.
in reply to your reply, what does “resposible” mean?

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
Yes, In Donna's absence I am using her spell checker, just to keep it warm as it were.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Few updates:
1- Car has been to dealers for its annual service. Can't fault the dealer in regards to service. However, to troubleshoot a minor jolt, they have taken a bit longer.

2- There was some noise on starting our car. The dealer has rectified that FOC (will make a separate thread to appreciate their work as it's hard to find decent dealers).

3- Rubber mats are gone in.

4- Looked at the battery side of the things. The auto start-stop does not work in our car which points to the battery (not that I like auto-stop start). I have taken both batteries out and charged them fully (as per JLR recommendations).

Findings:
-Both have never been changed.
-The larger battery holds 12.4V after recharging. JLR service bulletin suggests that standing charge on the battery should not be less than 12.5 when handing the car over the customer (on pre-delivery inspection).
-The smaller battery holds it at 12.8V after recharging.
- Was worried that my central console might die, however, following JLR battery change sequence meant, it went smoothly.

I believe they both require changing and I will start with the bigger one. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy these? Best batteries (which come with a decent warranty?)

5- Done some diagnostics on the transmission (with the help of qualified people).
Our cars are equipped with ZF 9HP48 transmission. It's prone to have few issues and most car manufacturers have updated their firmware on these to avoid any issues.

More details on this and why changing 4-5 and 7-8 gears (in sports mode) can lead to a jolt (Dog clutches).

If someone fancy reading more, then these are interesting webpages:
(ZF has benchmarked this gearbox against other boxes including CVT)

I have sent an e-mail to ZF Uk to have clarity as to if these boxes require service and if yes, how frequently. I do not have any issue while changing the gears atm but want to equip myself with the knowledge on these gearboxes. My only issue is a minor jolt when putting the car from P->R or N->R. This might be a matter of updating the gearbox firmware.

6- Done some work on Meridian sound system settings. Interestingly my beamer with standard navigation was sounding better than Evoque. I am referring to sound quality (SQ) as opposed to sound pressure levels (SPL) in the audiophile world (too old for SPL).
I was using BT streaming on both so decided to use other methods of music transmission to head unit / DAC. BT transmitters aren't great on these and lose sound quality. As soon as I used the cable (iPod mode), the sound system became alive and one could hear mid-high notes which were missing on BT. Perhaps, useful to some of our audiophile fellow members here.

I guess this is enough for the time being.

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
278 Posts
'prognosticate' - now that's a word you don't hear very often! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I have sent an e-mail to ZF Uk to have clarity as to if these boxes require service and if yes, how frequently. I do not have any issue while changing the gears atm but want to equip myself with the knowledge on these gearboxes.
Reply from ZF Uk.

Hi,

Thank you for providing this additional information.

ZF automatic transmissions are generally filled with lifetime oil. However, due to the many factors influencing the service life of transmissions in individual operation, ZF recommends an oil change after 150,000 km for its transmissions. In operating conditions with high temperatures and loads, or with unknown vehicle use in the past, it can make sense to change the transmission oil at shorter intervals.

Please consider also the service specification of the vehicle manufacturer.

The correct transmission oil for your vehicle is ZF LifeGuard Fluid 9.

There is no service kit for this transmission as the filter cannot be exchanged without complete strip down of the gearbox.

I hope that this information helps.

So, there is no service kit for our gearbox.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That makes me feel better Makkan. They told me when I had my oil changed it was impossible to change the filter. I’ve done all I can. 🤞

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
That makes me feel better Makkan. They told me when I had my oil changed it was impossible to change the filter. I’ve done all I can. 🤞
I remember you saying that however mine was different so wanted to check with them. Like you said, its a relief for 150K km. (y)

121 - 132 of 132 Posts