Evoque Owners Club banner
121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
MPG never went down for me, only improved as the gearbox changed smoother and as required.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,926 Posts
MPG will either stay the same or improve, not get worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MPG never went down for me, only improved as the gearbox changed smoother and as required.
Thank you for the lightning speed fast reply Maffy; I have a RR Sports 2016; I will give it a go in the morning; love your thread; informative and easy to follow!

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Thank you Kismet-the tip works for ANY Auto, initially is was my son who found it for his BMW M4 (like it needed to go any faster-quicker!!!)
Let us know how you go on.

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Oh. by the way Kismet.
If you could let Admin and the other Moderators know just how much you loved the advice and thread-would be grateful, Ta. Maffy's the name.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh. by the way Kismet.
If you could let Admin and the other Moderators know just how much you loved the advice and thread-would be grateful, Ta. Maffy's the name.
Oh. by the way Kismet.
Yes sure, how do I do that? Should I simply generate a new message?

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
Just add it on here, admin read & check on a regular basis (but only when the pubs are closed) ?

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,605 Posts
HI Steve

Did the MPG which went down ever normalise Steve? I was thinking of resetting the auto gearbox but might give it a miss if the MPG is at risk of getting worse;
Hi Kismet. Yeah, the mpg went back to normal. Probably had the low mpg figure through a combination of a heavy right foot and short journeys with a cold engine. ?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.
Maffy you are a complete star 😜 Don’t know why I’ve come across this old post but I’ve just followed your instructions and shot up the lane like a rocket. I kept saying to my hubby the engine is not quite as responsive as my Freelander 2.Well now it leaves it in the ditch although I might end up in the ditch myself if I’m not careful 😊

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I am pleased to have been of service, do it every so often as the gearbox recognises driving style and sets itself up-so if your in town the driving stye will be differnt than being on the open road a t speed.
glad you like it.

Reactions: Sadie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Maffy - it worked like a charm for my SD4. Much more reactive and smoother than before.
I was a bit disappointed by this 9-speed auto, but no longer :)

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Glad it worked, makes ahuge difference-feel free to mention it all over the place-works on ANY automatic-my one useful tip on the forum in 11,000 pposts LOL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad it worked, makes ahuge difference-feel free to mention it all over the place-works on ANY automatic-my one useful tip on the forum in 11,000 pposts LOL!
Wow, I came across your post Maffy and after reading some of the comments I thought I’d try it, what a difference! Jerk on take off when hot has gone too which is a bonus 😊 if you’re up in Liverpool anytime mate I’ll buy you a pint 👍

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
Wow, I came across your post Maffy and after reading some of the comments I thought I’d try it, what a difference! Jerk on take off when hot has gone too which is a bonus 😊 if you’re up in Liverpool anytime mate I’ll buy you a pint 👍
He’s a lightweight mate, only drinks Coke Zero or Diet Coke 🤣

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
823 Posts
Does the 9 speed auto in the current New Evoque also learn driving style over time?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,128 Posts
@Redfranx Welcome to the forum.

It's worth putting your Evoque year and spec. in your forum profile so people can see what you've got :)

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Does the 9 speed auto in the current New Evoque also learn driving style over time?
Yes, I was told it does when I took the car in for the Balance Shaft replacing. I asked, they did however tell me that it could only be reset by them using a computer, which they did for me, even though I don’t think it needed it, and I didn’t notice any difference when I got it back 🤔

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Hi Redfranx, I live in Chester, so you can post me a Coke Zero-LOL
glad it worked for you, does make all the difference.
enjoy and do the reset about knce a month as the gearbox learns your routine very quickly.
cheers.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
823 Posts
Not sure if this was answered definitively, but does this trick work on the new Evoque with 9 speed auto gearbox?

121 - 140 of 177 Posts