Evoque Owners Club banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,677 Posts
It worked on the previous 9 speed auto. Not sure if the MY20 cars use the same 'box

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Go on, you know you want to!
no reason why it won’t work, can't do any harm-works on BMW etc etc etc

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I tried it on mine before it went in for the balance shaft replacing. I didn’t notice any difference. While they were doing the balance shaft, the dealer said they’d done it via computer (they said that was the only way it could be done) I didn’t notice any difference.
It‘s just been in for an oil service under warranty (oil dilution) and they did it again, and also applied a patch update to the transmission software. It feels quite different I think (only driven it a few miles since getting it back) so fingers crossed it will be better now 🤞

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maffy you are a complete star 😜 Don’t know why I’ve come across this old post but I’ve just followed your instructions and shot up the lane like a rocket. I kept saying to my hubby the engine is not quite as responsive as my Freelander 2.Well now it leaves it in the ditch although I might end up in the ditch myself if I’m not careful 😊
Hi. My gear shift button stuck in reverse today and the dial would not move and the light on it kept blinking. I tried your steps below but did not work. What do you think this could be.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi. My gear shift button stuck in reverse today and the dial would not move and the light on it kept blinking. I tried your steps below but did not work. What do you think this could be.
Sorry I’m no mechanic. I just reset the gearbox per Maffys instructions back to the factory setting. Perhaps start a new topic and someone will be along to help. It would also help if you put your vehicle details in your signature so we know which vehicle you have ie. model, engine, year, mileage etc. Good luck 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I am a New 2014 Evoque owner that has 79K miles. The car has a hard shifting issue. I was told that the transmission was updated by computer because of hard shifting in the fleet.
Using Maffys instructions...
Will putting it back to original factory settings negate the update? (and is this a good thing?)
Should I expect hard shifting? ( I could live with it as long as it doesn't lead to transmission failure?)
Has anyone experienced a negative impact using Maffy's instructions?
Otherwise, I love the car! Thanks in advance for any and all input for a "new to me" Evoque owner.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
641 Posts
100% works boys

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
641 Posts
Trust the process

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been a member of this forum for less than a week. The MAFFY process works! My 2014 Evoque has dramatically improved with a 3 minute fix! THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
👍🏼

·
Registered
19 Posts
could this previous gearbox learning contribute to juddering when slowing? I thought it might be the brakes but now I might give this a blast and see of it resolves the issue?

·
Registered
My12 fuji white dynamic lux 3 door 2.2sd4 pan roof 360 cameras black pack heated w/screen auto boot
49 Posts
Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.
Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.
Hi maffy & all others
Late to the party but have just tried your reset ,after experiencing the lag " seems to of sorted it :) , I did read posts about Q585 campaign was that to sort this issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently got a 12 plate 2.2 SD that just wanted to down shift to 1800 rpm all the time. Touch the throttle and would drop a couple of gears and take off not always ideal. Did the reset procedure and it's calmed the gearbox and throttle down, now I'm in control of kick down gear changes. Also it's not downshifting when there's clearly enough torque to cruise in a higher gear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Tried it for the first time today - very impressed!!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts
Squint - does this work on your MY20 Evoque?

Reading the previous posts it’s not clear if the exact auto gearbox procedure described on page 1 works on the newer Evoque?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Squint - does this work on your MY20 Evoque?

Reading the previous posts it’s not clear if the exact auto gearbox procedure described on page 1 works on the newer Evoque?
I’m convinced there was far less lag - I tried it on regular routes on my way to work and back where I’ve previously noticed lag and wasn’t evident

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts
Thanks for that - so you simply did the process exactly as described by Maffy on the first page?

141 - 160 of 164 Posts