Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maffy said:
Ok, Son now in,
here are the instructions.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the leart driving/gear changes nback to factory- re do as and when required.

Hope this helps.
Good Tip,

Haven't done this to My 9-Speed AUTO since I got it...So I'll see if it makes any difference to me....

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently it is a generic fix to re set gearboxes with memory.

My son uses it on his BMW M135 and I have used it on mine a few times as I did this afternoon-truly does work, also noticed that there is no longer any "clunking" between 1st & 2nd which does appear after time.

MODS, once Spidey or a few of you have tried it maybe should be under it's own heading to assist others!
(See, all heart me)

anyone who tries this, it would be interesting to hear back re results.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Am I the only one whose nine speed box is sublime?

Or am I just easily pleased?

·
Registered
63 Posts
great just gone out in the freezing cold for him lol you know when you think somethings a wind up but genuinely it normally drags ass in drive 1st and 2nd shot through them like it was in sport

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
WOW WOW WOW MAFFY !!!!

Get this on as a separate posting for others NOW !!!

My car is now like a rocket!
It pushes the revs up higher and changes the gearbox to a quicker change.
Assuming its now learning my drive style.
Feels like - as someone else suggested - im in sport mode

Its also solved another slight issue I had on cold mornings with a reduced response till warmed up....

·
Super Moderator
10,077 Posts
Well, I was sceptical too but after reading Spideys comments thought I'd give it a try even although I've been happy with mine. WOW what a difference. Like Spidey says , the car is so much more responsive and feels like it's in Sport mode when in Drive. I've been using Sport mode all the time but haven't even tried it this morning. Might do on the way home tonight

·
Super Moderator
10,077 Posts
Ewok said:
Am I the only one whose nine speed box is sublime?

Or am I just easily pleased?

I was happy with mine too but tried it this morning and can't believe the difference. Try it

·
Registered
63 Posts
maffy you the man ,sounds like a wind up but truely works ,no lag in first or second and accelerates so much faster so glad i joined this forum

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
MAD - Maffy Appreciation Day - but Maffy - need to give us manual drivers something too

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Is this just for the 9 speeders or will it work on the 6 speeders too? I did notice my gearchange was slicker when I changed the battery on it a few months ago - I just assumed it had had a hard reset and was learning my style over again (and not the Mrs who is the gentler, slower main driver).

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
the beast said:
MAD - Maffy Appreciation Day - but Maffy - need to give us manual drivers something too 
Get an Auto

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
the beast said:
Googling the instructions shows lots of forum chat...

On a BMW forum I read:
"I understand the reset procedure is for the throttle adaptations. The
fact manual transmission users also use this procedure to get a more
responsive throttle and say it works, indicate this is the case."

So perhaps it's not just for autos?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Beast, get an auto, - seriously can't do anything for manual drivers except offer support and compassion.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Steve D said:
Is this just for the 9 speeders or will it work on the 6 speeders too? I did notice my gearchange was slicker when I changed the battery on it a few months ago - I just assumed it had had a hard reset and was learning my style over again (and not the Mrs who is the gentler, slower main driver).
I have a 3.0Ltr (I know I know) RRS With 8 speed box SteveD and it worked for me

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is for all Auto boxes which are capable of learning driving styles, My son got the tip for his BMW M1351 so at the end of the day it cannot do any harm-nothing to break.
Ta.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
HmmmUK said:
the beast said:
Googling the instructions shows lots of forum chat...

On a BMW forum I read:
"I understand the reset procedure is for the throttle adaptations. The
fact manual transmission users also use this procedure to get a more
responsive throttle and say it works, indicate this is the case."

So perhaps it's not just for autos?

mmmm maybe I'll try it - cos we know Beastie likes to zoom off. I mean I cant break anything - can I?

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
Maffy said:
Yes Beast, get an auto, - seriously can't do anything for manual drivers except offer support and compassion. 
No Compassion needed, It changes gear at exactly the point I want every time!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts