Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning fellow EOC's.
Placed my order this week and told to expect October. I am going for the 190hp SD4 in pure with one or two extras. The query I have is whether the Zenons are a worthwhile extra or would you recommend another extrainstead. I've alread chosen to upgrade the wheels and the panny roof, auto lights and wipers.

Any advice?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No Xenons then no Signature Lighting and thats a feature I think its a must on this car

·
Registered
208 Posts
carlk said:
I thought you had to have running lights now?

They have to be fitted to all new cars now, and they are compulsory in most of Europe, but there is no legal requirement in the UK to use them. However, it takes a dealer to turn them off (should you want that for some reason).

·
Registered
468 Posts
Xennons everytime. Had themon my last 3 cars and woul never go back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi all,
just trying to get to understand the thread here, apologies if i seem a little slow on the uptake.
I have a TD4 Pure due to arrive mid-March.
I did not opt for Xenons, but i was of the understanding the signature lighting, was err, well, it's signature, therefore a standard feature?
I am yet to see one on the road without the signature running lights.

Are we saying here that the signature LED lights are an option??? Definately?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do not agree with that.
The signature lights are only with the Xenons.
Without xenon (standard on Pure) you also will have daylight running lights but not in the signature shape.
Edited by: ZW4

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi guys, am new on here so apologies if i break any protocol rules.
I ordered an eD4 pure 2wd 150bhp version last October (before its release), i was told that the car i test drove (TD4 190bhp) would be identical APART from the engine and 4wd difference. I had a number of upgrades as my key requirement was the economy of the 2wd but going from a 320 convertible, the toys were a must. It was only when i was digging around in the internet a few weeks ago that i found out the 'Signature' lighting was an optional extra! To say i was annoyed was an understatement as all of the marketing, advertising and promotions i have seen all have this shown. I went to my dealer and was told i was not on my own - even the dealer was under the impression it was a 'standard' feature of the car - it is what gives it its road presence! I was told that as the order was under construction, i could not change the build spec. This i was really hacked off with and initially told the dealer to cancel it as i would not buy a car that (in my opinion) looks 'nearly nice'. After a few days of discussion with the dealer it was agreed to add the lighting (at cost, of course) and i added a few other extras that i was not aware wouldn't be fitted. It has pushed the delivery date back to the end of March but i'd rather have the car that i'll be pleased to drive a little later than i thought than stuck with a car that i wasn't entirely happy with for the next 3-5 years!! According to the dealership, i am not the only customer that they have had to change the build spec on either - far from it. I hope that this helps some people but of course it does come down to personal preferences in the end. Most of all though, enjoy driving and ownership!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Xenons are essential - I won't buy a car without them.

The greatest indicator of all is that every Evoque forum has a thread about halogen bulb upgrades - I wonder why that is?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Galaxy, if it were the options i ordered you wanted to know about, they are the style and tech packs, panoramic roof, xenons and luggage restraints. Should be a tidy package i hope.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Following all the posts re Xenons and signature DLR's I have just upgraded my spec today. As car was due to hit the production line next Monday, it was too late to change it, but my dealer has been a star and swapped my build for another on the system and up'd my spec accordingly.
Down side? - my new build date is 16th March with a proposed delivery end of March.
Fingers crossed, but I think it's worth adding the Xenons, as I just don't think it will look right without the signature DLR's.
Just my opinion

·
Registered
226 Posts
Saw this link about adaptive xenon lights. Worth a gander if you're on the edge of getting or not getting the xenon package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbv2-c6b18

This video shows a BMW with a similar package. Don't know if the Evoque package is this good. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can confirm the package in the 2nd video is about the same as the Evoque xenon lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeERkO4oDVU

1 - 19 of 19 Posts