Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just reconsidering my specc for Pure SD4 and was wondering is the £710 price tag for xenon lights worth it?? The LR site suggests that a LED signature light comes with this, so what about the base lights do they have a daylight running LED prescence or not......I had an Audi A5 and did not go for the LED upgrade and I regretted it ever since!!!

Thanks Bash

·
Registered
56 Posts
Because of de led signature drl's I ordered the xenon on my Pure too. Me was told that standard the headlights are used for DRL.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Bash
I have also ordered a Pure SD4 and included the Zenons as one of my extras.

I had Zenons on my 2nd last carand, when I changed formy last one,I did notspec them.I definitely missed them and fully agree that, in addition to the big night time viewing advantage which the Zenons give,the Evoque will look much better with the LED daylight running lights. The £710 price also includes power wash so the price is not too bad.

By the way, the drive is awesome!

I cannot wait until November!

·
Registered
5 Posts
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" id=pid_6529>Can anyone confirm if the halogen lights on the pure have the LED running lights?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, it looks like LED DRL come only in combination with the Xenon upgrade on the Pure.
However if you want more powerful headlights and are an occassional night time driver, I would recommend upgrading the standard bulbs.

The Autoexpress award winner Osram Night Breaker Plus HB3 is excellent.

Check out: www.powerbulbs.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for comments have changed my order removed 20" wheels for 19" (as not getting damper option on pure) and instead changed to xenons and folding door mirrors......thats it now no more changes and the option price tag keeps creeping up and my wife is really miffed!!! at me buying a car that she has not yet approved>>ahh well a new handbag for her will do the trick>>roll on mid nov...for delivery

·
Registered
134 Posts
so i ordered the xenons, are they not daylight lamps ? i ordered Pure 2.2 TD4 Auto !!!! as the day ones look great but i was under the impression if you upgrade to xenons the drl are included !!!! :s

·
Registered
134 Posts
xenons ilo i ordered for it ??? any help guys !!!! is this drl

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
removed 20" because read some negative comments about ride quality etc and also to save £450 pounds and put it towards the xenons/folding door mirrors....

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
hang on a sec - so do u or dont u get DRL when you upgrade the pure to include xenons (not adaptive)?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes, you get DRL when you upgrade to Xenons.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Kahlup said:
Yes, you get DRL when you upgrade to Xenons.

thanks...thats one of the things i really wanted!!

·
10,626 Posts
DRLs are standard on all UK cars now.

If you have halogens, you get a single bulb DRL.

If you opt for Xenons on the Pure (they are standard on Prestige and Dynamic) you get the signature LED DRLs, the ones everyone are talking about.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes - exactly correct Evo. I would HIGHLY recommend this option of Xenons -not justbecause of the DRL signature but also from the point of view of safety. I found the halogen option to have a really poor light on dark, rain ridden country roads - no matter what bulbs I tried. (have engineered a solution though!
)
I Just don't understand on a motor of this calibre that Xenons aren't standard across the board and add the few extra quid to the price tag!

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
A few extra quid may well be right.
I get the feeling they are a huge mark up because they are desirable rather than being expensive to produce. I don't actually know that, i'm just going by the fact that all manufacturers know whats desirable and price tags are correlated.

A few years ago I was mad enough to pay the extra money for a sunshade for my audi that was branded.
Good old blighty didn't even sell it and I paid the equivalent of £40 for it in US$.

I've seen a land rover evoque one in accessories for £80 +
Incidentally only around $60 in some USA based internet stores.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Its not just LR that mark them up and the mark up is a lot less than Audi and BMW put on them.
Worth every penny in my book

Edited by: willand

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I've got xenons on my Mini and they made the halogens on my Freelander look like candles. When I ordered my Evoque it was a 'must have' option

1 - 20 of 53 Posts