Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my P300e Autobiography on 8 Jan 21, this was confirmed as built 29 March. On receiving my VIN I requested the Vehicle Built Summary from JLR assist, only to discover it quotes natural ash grey console finisher ( dreadful fake wood is standard on Autobiography) I specified graduated dark aluminium. I specified oyster suede cloth headlining but built with ebony suede cloth headlining. This is a 21MY and should have Privi Pro, my built shows touch pro duo, I should have quilted windsor leather seats, built just shows windsor leather. There is no mention of full extended leather upgrade or of adaptive cruise control both as standard on Autobiography. Built doesn't even confirm the body colour! Waiting to hear back from dealer but being told they will slot me into one of their unallocated build slots, which is what they did on the 8th January - so another 3 month wait REALLY!!!

I'm wondering if I escalate this to JLR, will I get a car quicker, but who do I contact there? I feel I should get some compensation from either dealer or JLR, has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved?

LESSON TO EVERYONE with car on order, as soon as built request your VIN and ask JLR for built specification!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,793 Posts
I guess this isn't too unusual - which isn't good...
One of my neighbours ordered his & her cars last year when 20 plate registrations came out. Evoque and FFRR.
The Evoque was fine but the FFRR (also an Autobiography) had a few wrong spec bits. They kept it for a couple of days before sending it back to the dealer for a new car to be built. They ended up running around in a loan RR for 6 months for the build to be done and the next number plate number to launch!

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's shocking. I'd raise a case with JLR by calling 0370 5000500 - i've found them really helpful and proactive in sorting pre delivery issues

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's shocking. I'd raise a case with JLR by calling 0370 5000500 - i've found them really helpful and proactive in sorting pre delivery issues
Just done that, will be assigned a case manager after Easter break. Was going back to being a Mercedes driver either GLA or CLA shooting break, rather wished I had now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A JLR case manager phoned late on Thursday, the impression I got from him was that it was a dealer error not the factory. I said I felt it wasn't fair if I had to go to the back of the production queue, as I had ordered on the 8 January, for March delivery, which got pushed back 5/6 weeks to April delivery. He will update me on Tuesday afternoon. Not sure how I get to find out whose error it was, as I feel they should compensate me in some way. Glad I got the trade in price of my Discovery Sport, held till I took delivery of the Evoque.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on wrong specification built. One week on and the dealer and JLR still can't agree whose fault it is and I am left in limbo. Dealer saying they have a build date for me of 11 June, not acceptable for car ordered 8 January!!! Disappointing and stressful, thinking seriously of requesting deposit back.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
24 Posts
I would just cancel the order and take a ready built, in stock car....lots of high spec models are available for immediate delivery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just heard back from JLR case manager who left a voicemail to say build error definitely dealer order error, he's saying something about a holding pool, which may bring my build date forward from 11 June. He is now off till Tuesday and so haven't been able to speak to him, no one available at dealership to speak to till tomorrow. What is a holding pool all about?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I would assume it’s a selection of pre or part built models that aren’t allocated to anyone. This could work out Ok for you if you’re willing to wait a bit longer for your car.
I would expect at the very least a few free services thrown in as compensation.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji - due May 2021
62 Posts
Just heard back from JLR case manager who left a voicemail to say build error definitely dealer order error, he's saying something about a holding pool, which may bring my build date forward from 11 June. He is now off till Tuesday and so haven't been able to speak to him, no one available at dealership to speak to till tomorrow. What is a holding pool all about?
My broad understanding based on conversations with dealers in past is that whenever a car is ordered, either by a dealer for their stock or to meet a customer's specific order, it is put into a holding pool and allocated a provisional build date, delivery date to dealer and last change date. If you are lucky when you order, the dealer may have a stock car already in the pool that is before it's last date of change and which they are prepared to change to your specification, so you get it quicker than a new order being added to the pool. I think monthly, but could be more often, vehicles are provisionally called up from the pool to the next production cycle. I suspect that the next stage of confirmation of call to production may be affected by availability of parts and thus some cars have their call up moved forward and some moved backward inro pool.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My broad understanding based on conversations with dealers in past is that whenever a car is ordered, either by a dealer for their stock or to meet a customer's specific order, it is put into a holding pool and allocated a provisional build date, delivery date to dealer and last change date. If you are lucky when you order, the dealer may have a stock car already in the pool that is before it's last date of change and which they are prepared to change to your specification, so you get it quicker than a new order being added to the pool. I think monthly, but could be more often, vehicles are provisionally called up from the pool to the next production cycle. I suspect that the next stage of confirmation of call to production may be affected by availability of parts and thus some cars have their call up moved forward and some moved backward inro pool.
Thanks for that explanation, it was what I thought. Will be calling dealership when they open this morning.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that Biker. As this is dealer error during the ordering process, dealer offered me £500 goodwill gesture, suggesting I could use it for a weekend away! I responded that subject to getting a build date of earlier than 11 June, I would be looking for 3 years servicing FOC, which they have agreed to. So further waiting game to see if an earlier build slot can be procured. There has been no apology from the salesman I was dealing with, if I proceed I will insist another salesman takes over my order.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji - due May 2021
62 Posts

Looking at the timescales above posted on another thread, the last date of change is a month before build date, based on which, getting a delivery date significantly earlier than late May seems unlikely but 🤞.

In terms of their offer, unless you do significant mileage you will only get 1 service in 3 years, so hope this is in addition to £500 goodwill gesture.

On the flip side, someone could get a very good deal on the car that has been built for you, as the dealer will have an unexpected hole in their cashflow.

Hope you get some good news.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts