Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
You have me interested! :D So, which bits exactly have you actually wrapped and from what colour to what as it all looks the way it should do if you ask me!

If a part has been wrapped, how robust is the surface and do you have to be really careful when washing it etc? Did you have to remove the parts from the vehicle to wrap them or can they be done in situ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
As I understand it, Copper inserts are standard and they look a bit rose gold :sick: to me which I never liked. My car is Santorini Black with the Black Pack so is completely black which some people really like but I'd like to introduce a bit of contrast to it. The details are all lost in the blackness... :unsure:

I plan to change the wheels, go for either a silver or grey front grille and put the same colour into the side trims, bonnet vents & front strakes then finish with the badges to match.

I was going to buy the OEM parts, but after finding out that JLR obviously don't like to sell parts (because they don't allow owners to view the EPC), wrapping could be the way!

Finally, ignore my ignorance as I've never wrapped anything other than presents before :p, but can you wrap wheels too?

·
Super Moderator
10,800 Posts
Never heard of wheels being wrapped. Get them powder coated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha well I’m rubbish at wrapping presents 😂
All my trims were completely black but as they have small inserts that are shouting out for some colour I thought I’d have a bash.

I had to remove all the trims as the bits that need wrapping are plastic welded into each part from behind, I then used a soldering iron to soften the plastic to remove the inserts.

Wrapping each part with good quality wrap is the tricky part but once you get the hang of it it’s not too bad, after this I re glued each part back into each trim, them popped them all back in place.
then gave her a good power wash and all is good
9CA2E1C7-3ECA-4F12-9220-69626113A292.jpeg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally I’m not a fan of the copper accents, I wish they had offered them in the body colour. Yours look great from the pics, well done. 👍🏻

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Never heard of wheels being wrapped. Get them powder coated.
This chap on YouTube makes it look so easy......

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Never been happy with all my all black trims and after seeing another evoque with copper inserts I decided to have a go at wrapping them, I think they turned out ok View attachment 4158
Excellent job Mable! 👍

I don’t know how you found it but my respect goes to the guys that wrap entire cars.
You watch a Yiannamize vid when they wrap a brand new £200 grand motor in two tone mirror pearl purple and it looks so easy.
You then think that’s easy, I’ll wrap a few bits of trim on my own car and find it a real challenge to do a super neat job and without scratching the paintwork beneath.

Looks great now, especially with your silver paintwork, I didn’t know some trims only came in black.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final piece in the jigsaw, fake exhaust trims wrapped but I left the inner part of black diffuser
059E5ACC-AE09-4552-95B2-9080A24CD630.jpeg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Someone on the RCZ forum I’m on had their car wrapped completely .....
92B9305B-99C7-40B2-B4E9-5DACFACF0FB1.jpeg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could set up a business (even in the current climate!) doing this for us (and other!) Evoque owners.
Ha ha it’s taken me half a day to do them 🤣

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where did you buy the wrap from and is there anything to watch out for when purchasing? Any video you'd recommend to teach a total novice just for a few trims like yours? :unsure:(y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn’t buy online as I wanted as near to original colour match.
I live near skipton north York’s and we have a local graphics place, they have tons of different colours but you need the air release stuff as it’s easier to work with, nice warm place and practice on small pieces first, better quality wrap is more plyable and will stretch over what your wrapping without tearing also has the air release so no bubbles too.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
A very skilfull art-great job.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Credit and praise where it is due.(y)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Looks brilliant --great job, well done. (y) (y)(y)Many thanks for sharing info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts