Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to here and I've decided to post my concerns regarding delivery dates as its becoming a bit depressing reading all the horror stories on the forum, I paid my deposit at the beginning of Feb and have been given a delivery date of June/July from Hadley Green in Herts when they took my deposit, but is this a realistic timeframe for my area? Or was it just to get the sale? I've been told it can vary dramatically depending on the area and would love to hear from anyone who has dealt with Hadley Green dealership or nearby and what expected delivery dates they have been given? Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ordered mine Mid Jan from Hillndale in Burnley and was given June date. Got a call yesterday to say it could go into production early so new delivery date late April. CAn't wait
SD4 Auto Prestige coupe in Havana. Ivory and Expresso, auto dimming rear view mirror, adaptve xenons and spare wheel.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Right then guys, you have nothing to worry about, firstly delays are based on the huge popularity of the Evoque, compounded by the fact that depending on which dealer you have ordered from will determine how soon or how long you have to wait, I won't go into anymore detail.

An April, June/July delivery date is good, I and many others ordered last Sept/Oct, my delivery is still June at the present, so think yourselves lucky.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've heard a number of pieces of information from one source or another. The latest is that delays of the 5 door versions are down to the initial design being for a 3 door and that the production lines had to be rejigged to allow for the 5 door version.
I personally found that once you have a production date and have an "N" number then things start to move alot smoother.

My timings were:

Ordered: 14 Sep 2011
Build: 3 Feb 2012
Arrived at Dealer: 27 Feb 2012
Collection: 8 Mar 2012 (crossed fingers, toes etc etc)
Estimated: Late March / Early April

All I can say is that it has been a wait but a wait worthwhile in my books. Although a little more follow up from the dealership as to where things are would have not gone amiss.

·
Registered
47 Posts
most of the delays are down to the hugh demand for the evoque, the halewood plant is now running to full capacity. we are now working 7 days a week, and are also planning to go to three shifts in the coming months, so possibly expect order dates to start coming forward...

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi waynescott523 - sounds like you work there? any news on sorting out mpg with a factory software upgrade? Our dealer said he's had loads of complaints from owners so surely LR are looking at this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Even though I'm in Norway and I ordered mine in October, with due date in May, but guess what's happened my car arrived late februrary, and way to early for me since I was planning on saving some more money so I didn't need to take out a big loan on the car.

£74163.62 (the price in Norwegian kroner is 638000).

/Inge

·
Registered
29 Posts
So one of those whacky Yank questions- FedEx,UPS, DHL and so on have tracking numbers that can be used to see exactly where a shipment is located. European retailers such as Fromages.com allow you to sign onto their web site to track shipment locations. So what is with automobile companies. I have been told expected delivery is Match 17th plus or minus one week. Yikes! Maybe I should have had the Dynamic sent by FedEx. At least I'd know what is going on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered in August 2011
Told build date Mid March with collection End of March

Mid Feb dealer told me will be two weeks early and picked up on 1st march.

Ive seen a few posts where the same has happened and early delivery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Casper,

I put in an Evoque order on March 17th with Hadley Green Range Rover and was told that it should be delivered in about 6 months, with a build slot confirmation around 3 months after order - so your schedule sounds agressive. Sadly, after chasing I'm now told that:-

- it's unlikely I will make September given their allocations and order pool (although I'm not as yet having any luck in pinning them down to when it looks likely to make it).

- they have changed ownership and are apparently negotiating for better allocations.

Disappointing - I'd hoped to have it for September.....

Trevor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very unlikely for September or them getting any different allocations....Youll have to relax and wait me thinks .... Demand abroad (with better margins in it for the factory) coming first I think...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Trevor, Casper, I ordered mine in Hadley Green too! Paid deposit on 10 March and I was told delivery in Sep/Oct. I'm 26 on the queue. What's yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know where I am on the queue or what their monthly allocation is. Did they volunteer you queue position, or did you have to drag this information out of them? Thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Trevor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Casper
sound like you're having more trouble than many. ordered mine 2nd Feb, and picked it up last week in May. had many trials and tribulations on the way, and was given some blarney at one stage which, if I'd accepted it, would have mean't I'd still be waiting and looking at September. Irrespective of dealer allocations, I believe there is a fair chance of shuffling that takes place at the dealerships when their allocations are given each month as to whose order gets preference. call me an old cynic, but when I threatened to cancel when I received and email saying it was going to be september and not june, within ten minutes had a call and lo and behold they had a firm build date and my was finally delivered a week earlier than the initial promise.
don't know how well you get on with the dealer, but sounds like a call to the dealer principle and some hard talking may be necessary.
Good luck, and whatever happens the car is brilliant

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am apparently at number 30 with 22 allocations in the next batch (for September delivery), so hopefully October provided HG do get 8 or more allocations next month. The confusing thing is that press and LR state that there are no further allocations for 2012 - if this was true I'd be in an order pool until 2013.

Hard to know what's true - HG seem confident, so I guess I just wait and see what happens next. LR could make the process a bit more transparent though, even if (as I appreciate) the car is in serious demand.

P.S. Kahlup, I guess that makes you October as well - with a better certainty of it not slipping. Maybe see you in October for the pick up, and a celebratory drink afterwards (once we've safely parked the cars and walked to a convenient venue, of course!)

Trevor.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi. The folks at HG were quite friendly and offered the information when I asked them.

Yes, looking forward to Oct delivery then. Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts