Evoque Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
and could you advise deliveries for EU ? as i was informed Nov 2011 !!! TD4 AUT Pure

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
mark_n said:
Looks like a bit of sloppy copying to me from the SD4 line above. AFAIK, Si4 is auto only.

Mark_n I thank you for your comment...the build schedule was taken from a land rover/dealerbuild schedule when it was produced approx 2 months ago...yes agree the manual derivate is not in the current line up as per spec and price list...maybe a bit SLOPPY from my perspective without wanting to mislead or confuse I am human after all ...with any luck LR may well offer a manual derivative at some point..I shall then redeemmyself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Mortz

Had terrible problems with our sport the dynamic responce system

was awfull knocking/rattle

LRs responce it is a characteristic of the dynimic responce system (yeah right)

one of the first made hence 1 year on sold it went back to german BMW/MERC

whats your thoughts on build quality has it improved

Really hope so as the Evoque looks the mutts

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Steve,
Such a shame you sold it - I too had the same problems in my first RRS, and eventually they issued a fix that solved it once and for all. Now on my second (2011) RRS, I've had a couple of minor faults - both sensors. Reliability's better, Build Quality is better, Ride is better - can't wait to get the Evoque as LR really have put reliability issues of the past behind them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thank you for your input Methane_boy....nothing more I need to add to your comment.Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
33 Posts
steve hill said:
Thank's metane boy great news on build quality for the evoque 2 months and counting

Jaguar promised the same thing before I took delivery of my first XF in March 2008. Unfortunately quality control missed a number of obvious build faults when my car came off the line, which took several visits to the dealer to sort out.

Edited by: martinaston

·
Registered
8 Posts
<blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">Hi Mortz - I have purchased a Dynamic SD4 - do you know if the dual view touch screen comes with the analogue/digital TV - or do you need to add on the TV option.</blockquote><blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">
</blockquote><blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">When configuring the car on Land rover website the dual view has to be selected with the 5 surround camera option this comes to £1215 (adding the TV means another £510). £1700 seems a lot if all you want is the TV and dual screen!</blockquote><blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">
</blockquote><blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">cheers</blockquote><blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">
</blockquote><blockquote ="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">Tully</blockquote>

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hi Dual View comes with Analogue/Digital TV as standard
You can also select ATV/DTV as a stand alone option if you wish

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you could do a quote for me too please Mortz it would be greatly appreciated.

Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto In White with Lux Pack, shadow chrome wheels, ebony headlining and privacy glass.

Final price £45,140, PCP with 5k deposit.

Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
My fellow humans

I need to advise you on asking me for quotations for the Evoque

I suggest you contact your supplying dealer for finance figures

I am sure they can show you the best ways of funding ....there are no " special offers " on offer for the evoque...you may find companies out there that will offer good or competitive rates....unfortunatley this is not my remit...my role is simple........to create desire for the evoque ....not to number crunch...........land rover finance work off the same sheet no matterwhere you have ordered your evoque

I do however thank you for your questions and seeking a little guidance on the issue of funding your special purchase

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Mortz

Are you able to provide information regarding the surround camera please? The Evoque is going to be the widest vehicle I have ever driven, and to be upfront, I am not good at parking (always have to open the door to see how close I am to the kerb). Is this worth the money, would I be able to see the kerb on the drivers side (can use wing mirror for the passenger side). Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
As you can maybe tell by the date of the last post, he is long gone. He was a saleman in Swanseabut we were all so optimistic about this car before the dealer launch, since when it's been a succession of supply disappointments.

In reply to your question, I added surround camera late to my specification because of the width of the car and relative lack of visibility and also after seeing the cameras on a Disco 4. When in London, I park in an underground car park and the spaces are the "regulation" 2.4m wide which is barely wide enough to park the Evoque and get out, especially in the coupe which has longer doors which take up more space. The surround camera will be pretty much essential to park the car tightly against a concrete wall so that I can get out.

There are cameras in each of the mirror housings looking down and providing an excellent view of where the wheels are against the kerb. There's the reversing camera and two (I think) sideways facing cameras at the front. It's the cameras in the mirrors which will save your alloys though.

In summary, the reversing camera is an absolute must, IMHO and the surround camera system will help (providing you use it of course) avoid expensive visits to the body shop and wheel refurbishers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Mark

Thanks for your advice. I had not looked at the date of the last post.

I too park in an underground car park, my space is next to a pillar, and it is tight. My main problem is parking near to kerbs though! The reversing camera is standard, but I was unsure about the surround camera system as I had read somewhere it is quite slow. Have you found this to be the case please?

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I am very much alive and kicking and yes I still work in Swansea
Not been active for a while...does not mean I am long gone

Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Mortz

Pleased to read that you are well!

Are you able to let me have your views on the surround camera issue please.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.