Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have winter tyres from a RR Sport 275/45/R20 and wondered if anyone out there knows if they'll fit onto the Dynamic wheels (safely)? It would be so easy if they did.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bongo, I had the same situation and sold the RRS winters on ebay last week.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi there. Anyone been out in the snow on winter tyres yet ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jake we have some snow here, enough to cover the road. The road is now compacted snow and ice and having no problems gliding up a very steep hill beside my house which was causing lots of cars problems. The snow isn't really deep enough to make a proper assessment but I do feel extremely confident so far.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Silverburn, did you use the snow & ice setting in Terain Response or just go in normal drive ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
SD4 Dynamic with the 20inch style 8 ( the standard ones that come fitted)..I think the tyre szie is 245/45 ( cant check as I am at work)... Anyone know a winter tyre suitable to swap them over for the next few months . RR will tell you you dont need winter tyres- but having a Defender and a Vogue ,I can confirm winter tyres give you massively more control than "all weather tyres" - Any ideas?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jimbo, I've put Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow onto the very same wheels. In fact they were the only ones I could find in 245/45 R20 size. Like you, I'm a big fan of winter tyres having had them on the RRS last winter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
did you find somewhere partcularlly cheap?..and that have them in stoc? ( do they store your others till the spring?). Cant urge people enough to changeon to winter tyres like they do in some parts of europe...Not to be put off by the cost ( remember two lots of tyres mean they will each last virtually twice as long..)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Kwik Fit quoted £1050 under their 4 for 3 offer. I actually got them from someone I know in the trade who is storing my Contis.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Driving to Austria to go skiing. I am bloody hoping there is some snow there ! Plus the fact I would just like to have some if a cold snap turns up...I live out in the sticks a bit - beyond the reach - and spending - of the councils gritting lorries. I thought my pre-emptive strike would avoid the "closing-the-door-after-the-horse-has-bolted "rush for winter tyres once it does turn cold and snowy. Obviously I wasnt pre-emptive enough.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Happy New Year to our friends in U.K.

Here in Chicago, we mercifully have had no snow yet. But Lake Shore Drive was buried last February 1, and since my Dynamic was fitted with summer Michelans (20" shadow chrome wheels), I needed to find snow tires. The Perelli Ice and Snow is available here. However, I chose the Bridgestone BLIZZAK LM-60. They look great, and have not added any perceptible road noise. Wet condition handling has been superb. Will report on snow conditions when I encounter them. Cheers and a safe driving holiday to you from the Windy City!

·
Registered
23 Posts
We've had our first snowfall in Chicago and I am thrilled with the performance of my Bridgestones. On a direct comparison to my previous Range LSE, on the same streets in my neighborhood, the road handling ability is far superior. On left and right turns, at 10-15 mph, with snow and ice on the road, the Evoque kept on track throughout the turns with no fishtailing as I completed the turn. These were conditions where previous 4wd vehicles I have owned would have both slid and fishtailed to some extent. Pulling out of snow packed parking spaces on city streets proved just as easy. I have not had the opportunity to experience highway driving with snow conditions. I am quite happy with the choice of tire and performance of the Evoque.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts