Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Ben, I am getting used to it the blind spot is still there and I worry about the safety factor, turning right is a problem and cars already on a roundabout. I have written to Landrover to ask if I can have smaller wing mirrors fitted at my expense but that's not possible, they are putting the problem to the engineering dept as they were not aware of the problem! Will let you know if I get any positive feedback.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Think top gear mentioned it but more of anaesthetics thing than anything else. Did I also read on here its due to some euro safety thing?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The wing mirrors are definitely huge and I think LR will do a steady trade in replacements as they get bashed in parking mishaps.

Lr are not the only manufacturer fitting huge mirrors, look at the lowly Renault Kangoo at one end and the Porsche 911 at the other. I think it's down to new EU Type Approval regulations - sounds like thay have required greater rearward visibility while forgetting this would inevitably impact forward visibility.

Some say the size of the mirrors is linked to the width of the car which may explain the gargantuan size of the Evoque's "ears".

21 - 24 of 24 Posts