Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the Evoque today and absolutely love it but has anyway experienced the same problem as me. I am only short - five two -so I had to have the drivers seat raised to the max. This meant that the wing mirror was obstructing my view -I found myself having to stretch up to see what was coming at the roundabouts. Help - I really want one - is a cushion on the seat the only answer!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
errrrrrr, or maybe sitting on someones lap :p ..... really dont have an answer however Mortz may help you as he works for LR im sure a solution can be done hopefully without a cushion ...
im 6ft 3 so i hope i dont have a problem still awaiting evoque to arrive here !!! plus i already placed ,me order :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think it matters how tall or short you are....I had a similar experience only being 6"'s taller ...on test UP a steep embankment ...before levelling off onto some flat road....I failed to see a traffic cone and totally killed it...on a sharp steer to the right...this was during an off road situation but then I was looking straight ahead at the time....i do howeverunderstand where you are coming from

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh no, I am only 5ft!! and am absolutely smitten with the Evoque, ordered a while ago! I am test driving tomorrow, so will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am sure you will be fine...it will be far different than anything you have driven before....once the excited nerves have settled your gonna love it.... hope you enjoy

·
Registered
28 Posts
More of a problem is the blind spot on the drivers front wing, trust me I drove it Thursday.. Still you'll get over it!! Everything else is sweet... Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mortz, you were not wrong, 5ft and no problem with the wing mirrors!! and yes i absolutely loved it

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Glad you were OK in it lulu101.

I was going to suggest, that at roundabouts you might all use the power mirror fold button.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ha, ha good idea, and I did actually add them to my build today, not sure I will be trying them out on the roundabouts though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lulu I have made a change to my build today but nit delivery date yet - when is your dealer going to deliver yours???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tully said:
Lulu I have made a change to my build today but nit delivery date yet - when is your dealer going to deliver yours???

not sure when I will have delivery as I originally ordered mine for March 2012, but my dealer is saying possibly January or February (in which case I may still wait until March for the new registration), I ordered in July and he checked today, my build is in Holding with a requested delivery date of ASAP, so just got to wait until they allocate a date, my dealer is hoping to give me a date nearer the end of this month.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Wow, that's surely going to a first on here, a possible delivery before the scheduled delivery and then the customer delaying it.

Good stuff, although I do understand waiting until March.

Ours would be having my wife's cherished plate put on it so delivery date is not that important.

Have you considered a cherished plate Lulu101, presuming you don't already have one?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thought about one, but I can't even make my mind up on what I would want on it
, but yes it would make life much easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I picked up my Evoque on Saturday and the first thingI noticed was how my vision was obscured by the oversized wing mirror,I could have wiped out a Corsa on the 1st roundabout! I've tried to get used to it and tonight someone suggested a cushion may help, I'm only 5 feet tall but have never relied on a cushion for vision, what is the answer? I'm relieved to hear other people have the same concern but who do I go to to resolve this problem long term - I will try the cushion in the short term.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm really hoping (literally) that I have missed something here! Have been driving the evoque for nearly 2 weeks now (600 miles already - I am in sooooo much trouble) and despite being EXACTLY 5 foot - I am not/haven't noticed this strange wing mirror phenomena but then I was driving an X6 before with quite possibly the largest wing mirrors I have ever seen on a vehicle other than HGV's!

In all honesty, it's such a lovely drive I am choosing just to get used to its quirkiness - for example, when you move away from junctions - sometimes it takes a little while to decide whether to go or not....and also getting used to this strange sub £140 feeling at the petrol station - I still can't decide what to do with the 'extra' money!!

Maybe I shall buy a cushion and see exactly what it is i'm missing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perhaps after completing the first 600 miles, if I haven't overcome the problem with the mirrors, I should ask Range Rover to make a customised cushion for me!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
I am only 5,2, and have done 500 miles in the last 5 days. I have found that the mirrors do get in the way, but you do soon get used to it.

Ben

1 - 20 of 24 Posts