Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening
I have just taken the plunge and ordered an Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure, manual with fogs (how can they be an extra on a £30k car?) mudguards and 20" style 6 wheels.

Has anyone had trouble fitting their Evoque in their garage?

Most of the extras are a bit of a stretch but was wondering if it is worth ordering the electric mirrors (with puddle lamps!)? I have a relatively new build house and will get them if it will fit in the garage but its difficult to judge on the measurements.

I am also just wondering whether all the fuss about the xenon lights makes them worth adding?

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi James
Xenon lights are well woth it. Can't comment on your garage being big enough or not!

·
Registered
141 Posts
i was prepared to delay my order for Xenon lights. Think of every Evoque you see on the road, what is the 1st thing you see that makes you go wooooo?
The DLR's. If you take the halogen option, in my opinion, it loses the ooooo... appeal.
Still an amazing car, but i think you may kick yourself down the line for not doing it?
Just my opinion...

What a great car eh?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a fairly new build house too and the garage is next to useless. With the mirrors on my Evoque folded in, I have 2" either side maximum to get it through the door! It will not go in with the mirrors out, but I have cameras on my Dynamic, therefore that helps, but takes a bit of getting used to. I just take it very carefully, but as it is a high sided vehicle with massive wheel arches, you need to be very careful. The car dimensions are on the LR website, best to measure the door gap to be sure.
Good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Aside from the 'iconic signature' that the DRLs on the Xenon headlamps have you also get to expereince something very special at night. A normal 55w halogen headlamp bulb produces about 1500 ansi lumens of light - a Xenon lamp produces upwards of3000 ansi lumens woth of light and it's in the blue/white spectrum so much closer to normal daylight.

It's an option like air-con, once experienced you can't goback!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brianlawrence - thanks for the view, I'm leaning that way as I didn't get them on my Scirocco and have thought that nighttime driving was a little hairy!
Bodlyfunctions - Hardly seen any on the road to be honest (will keep an eye out for yours) and really need to see the 2 together ideally in that respect. But yes, fab car, can't wait to get it! May seems an awful long time away! :-(
Red- Thanks, my garage is sod all use too (seriously, would and extra few inches really be that awkward for a housebuilder to allow on a garage) you've pretty much made my mind up on the mirrors, guess I better start saving for the xenons!
Straydox - very convincing arguement, xenons it is! Any donations gratefully received lol
Seriously, thank you all for taking the time and interest to respond.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No luck, I too have a modern house and my Evoque won't fit.
I'm changing the garage door to increase the width of the entrance, then I hope I can open the door, but possibly only if I remove some bricks in the wall between the garage and the house.

What is doubly annoying is that the car boot width space is narrower so golf clubs in a cart bag won't fit, and the carry bag only squeezes in at an angle if you take the driver out! Old age had better hold off because there is no hope of getting the powercaddy in and golf clubs :-(

·
Registered
468 Posts
In my view xenons are a must and once yu have had a car with them you see what all the fuss is about. You do gain a few exr onches with the folding mirrors. If you get power folding mirris and you have a narrow garage make sure you have them set to manual rather than automatic or they will automatically open when you start the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got a 3 year old house and I can only just fit my v6 Clio in the garage, my 3 series won't fit length or width ways, so I've decided to convert the garage to a playroom for the kids once I've sold my Clio. Don't have a hope that the evoque would go in!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, I have a RRE, whilst it tight to get the car through the garage door (I have placed some form insulation pipe on the frame, to avoid any mishaps), it does fit. I think my door opening is a standard door, but you must spec electric folding door mirrors for it to fit. Also reference Xenons, it is a no brainer, a real must. The amount of people that have said the DRL look so cool is plenty to confirm the extra £££ were worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ah my British fellow Evoque enthusiasts- how is it possible that you have such puny garages in the land of Rolls Royce and Bentley? Think of those poor chaps trying to fit their vehicles into garages made for Mini's especially after several glasses of port! In Montana each garage space is designed for a Chevy Suburban. As such, if two or three of you would like to park your Evoques in our garage it would be our pleasure to accommodate you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Retort said:
Ah my British fellow Evoque enthusiasts- how is it possible that you have such puny garages in the land of Rolls Royce and Bentley? Think of those poor chaps trying to fit their vehicles into garages made for Mini's especially after several glasses of port! In Montana each garage space is designed for a Chevy Suburban. As such, if two or three of you would like to park your Evoques in our garage it would be our pleasure to accommodate you.
Do you also offer a daily collection and delivery service? Will it be fully valeted each day?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmm a standard garage is about 9ft wide in my past 2 houses ive made the garage bigger so when my evoque arrives it will fit in with room to spare. I never bought a house where i cant get my car in or extend the garage

·
Registered
43 Posts
My garage ishome for the bike, car belongs on the driveway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I just got my Evoque on 1 March, its a nightmare to get in the garage, my husband has to do it as I am so scared to do it myself, once its half in, he folds the wing mirrors back, but u cant see the front wheel arches, he can only do it if I am guiding him! I am upset about this, as its going to be such a hastle for us. Also has anyone been through a 6 foot 6 gap yet? Dont have the confidence to try it yet so will try to avoid!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Michelle777 said:
Hi, I just got my Evoque on 1 March, its a nightmare to get in the garage, my husband has to do it as I am so scared to do it myself, once its half in, he folds the wing mirrors back, but u cant see the front wheel arches, he can only do it if I am guiding him! I am upset about this, as its going to be such a hastle for us. Also has anyone been through a 6 foot 6 gap yet? Dont have the confidence to try it yet so will try to avoid!

How are you with reversing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Outside the garage is fine, but i just dont have the confidence to reverse into the garage especially with the wheel arches and wing mirrors. Certainly dont think I will be using any 6 foot 6 barriers in the near future

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine arrived 3 days ago. Managed to fit it into my single garage, but this required guidance by a helpful friend. Once in the garage, getting out of the car was difficult because of the wide doors which came very close to the wall. I think mine will spend more time in the drive because I am unlikely to have the services of a kindly neighbour eveytime.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the input jikpeme.
Is your Evoque a 3 door then as they have much wider doors than the 5 door?

And how are you enjoying it (aside from narrow garages)? Which model did you go for?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts