Hi all
I’ve been having trouble from last week
I got a new battery put in and since that right away im getting
warnings showing up
hdc not available
stability control not available
gearbox fault
and no special modes will work too shows up terrain response not available
I thought it could be the aux battery but I got a new one of those too to try and it’s still happing
ive had the battery off and put back on too but still no luck

I see people talking about a battery control module update does anyone think this would fix my problem ?
ive got a 2013 automatic
thanks

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
424 Posts
Hi, they do look like battery induced faults.
I am guessing you did not keep charge in the system when swapping the battery and maybe the aux battery was also low?
Is the new battery fully charged? I put the voltage readings in a previous post as they are different on and off car. My new battery went up 0.2v when I charged it before fitting.
If the battery is fully charged I would simply get the codes cleared using a diagnostic machine, most garages can do it for you. With some codes they do not automatically re set so require removing.
From my experience and other posts on here I do not think it will be the battery conditioner re set. I did not do mine and had no problems, I understand it fairly quickly adapts to the new battery but may be wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all
I’ve been having trouble from last week
I got a new battery put in and since that right away im getting
warnings showing up
hdc not available
stability control not available
gearbox fault
and no special modes will work too shows up terrain response not available
I thought it could be the aux battery but I got a new one of those too to try and it’s still happing
ive had the battery off and put back on too but still no luck

I see people talking about a battery control module update does anyone think this would fix my problem ?
ive got a 2013 automatic
thanks
Hi, they do look like battery induced faults.
I am guessing you did not keep charge in the system when swapping the battery and maybe the aux battery was also low?
Is the new battery fully charged? I put the voltage readings in a previous post as they are different on and off car. My new battery went up 0.2v when I charged it before fitting.
If the battery is fully charged I would simply get the codes cleared using a diagnostic machine, most garages can do it for you. With some codes they do not automatically re set so require removing.
From my experience and other posts on here I do not think it will be the battery conditioner re set. I did not do mine and had no problems, I understand it fairly quickly adapts to the new battery but may be wrong.
hi there thanks for the reply I’ve had the new battery in for a week now driving about so should be fully charged now I would think ? The new aux battery has been in for a couple of days just weird has I had no faults before the new battery
thanks again

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
424 Posts
The lack of voltage during the change has probably triggered a set of fault codes and as a precaution it will disable systems until they are cleared. I have had it on other cars, it is not a fault just a safety precaution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts