Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted various JLR dealers with specific questions. They either phone back or send a generic email asking how they can help.

Used web chat facility with one question. Asked when MY22 out and how long for delivery. Had text back. I said I have asked 2 specific questions. Please answer them no response.

Also cimments about JLR prioritising more expensive models in factory shut down was removed on a You tube site of a main JLR dealer.

JLR customer care from head office to dealer is generally very poor!
Anyone else have any comments?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,989 Posts
Seems to be the way these days - not just with LR.
I'm always surprised when I actually receive decent customer service (with whoever I'm dealing with) and has pride in their work, too many companies/people seem to be rubbish! :(

They'll all send a survey asking how they did though!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems to be the way these days - not just with LR.
I'm always surprised when I actually receive decent customer service (with whoever I'm dealing with) and has pride in their work, too many companies/people seem to be rubbish! :(

They'll all send a survey asking how they did though!
Once you have paid your deposit you dont exist

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,677 Posts
They must have the same teachers as Polititians :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I find the removal of owners being able to talk to mechanics is the problem in dealerships, no matter who's make of car.

Years ago if you had questions you just asked a mechanic round the back in the garage, but now they use sales or service desk folk as intermediaries, and owners not being allowed to contact the mechanics. So answers are not properly answered.

Also even mechanics today (if you can get a hold of one) have got into the habit of avoiding answering questions. Maybe because cars are now made up of a lot of electronic plug and play, even they do not know what they are doing, and tend to just replace parts, rather than fix them.

Even had a engine update software added to my car recently during an annual service, and none of them knew what it was changing. The car engine seemed to be just the same with no side effects, thank goodness.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
@colin4x4, off topic slightly just for a mo, I remember you parting with your evoque and going with the Jeep, 3 years old now according to your signature, any thoughts about coming back ?

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
As for the dealers then once you move from being a sales customer to a service customer thats when all the email updates and the niceties stop, they've had your money now your on your own and prepare for a battle if you ever need the service dept, that said I've had good service in the past including warranty work from a dealer so much so we went out of our way to buy the new evoque from them when theres a dealer on our doorstep, again sales was fantastic and fingers crossed they won't let themselves down on the service side

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
142 Posts
Our local dealer created a major problem when they decided to route all service requests via a phone operator who appeared to have no knowledge of the car, or even understanding of the service system. This very nearly led me to change dealers (and I said so when I had to call into the site in person in an effort to speak to the service desk). They seem to have stopped this now - they either put me through to the service desk or get them to call back, which sometimes even does happen. So they haven't quite lost a customer yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm looking at trading my current Defender for a new one. When I mailed my dealer to ask about any delays on lead time and how long the lead time was, I got a whole email telling me nothing but sounded good.
So I still don't know how long to wait for delivery. I need to sell my current one to fund the new. So I'd need a rough timeframe from order to delivery or sell mine early and be without a car for potentially months.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
Have you tried WBAC because their prices are through roof at the minute

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have you tried WBAC because their prices are through roof at the minute
Trouble with old Defender prices are rising, but WBAC have mine priced at high 20's incl VAT. Mate in the trade has valued it at 35K incl VAT. So big price difference.
If I was desperate, then WBAC might be an option but at the moment, I'll deal with the private sales market. Even if I haggle 2-3K off my asking price, I'm still better off then WBAC.
Strangley, at 35K it's more than I paid for the car new 7 years ago

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can't your mate in the trade sell it for you? if he's giving you a genuine trade-in price he should be able to get that at auction. Give him a small percentage and you're still making.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
@colin4x4, off topic slightly just for a mo, I remember you parting with your evoque and going with the Jeep, 3 years old now according to your signature, any thoughts about coming back ?
Off topic reply to @Doink .....I am still considering going back to an Evoque. I really miss it. The jeep is ok, reliable and cost effective, but does not have that feeling you get of owning an Evoque. A car that definitely looks the money. Will be looking for a decent condition, secondhand petrol Evoque, as I never want a EU6 diesel, considering the complexity and problems, like oil contamination, etc. Also hybrids are too costly and complex. So I am limited to petrol only. Will be keeping my eye out for one.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,677 Posts
Reactions: Doink
1 - 14 of 14 Posts