Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My delivery date has been moved from December to February although I paid in May.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Anyone else been let down like me? I don't even know why!!!!!!!!
Jim

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
Edited by: jimos

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I paid deposit last December, ordered car (black 5 door Dynamic) in March and was promised delivery today. Heard nothing until just after 5 when this short email arrived.
"I am dropping you an email to advise of a possible delay with your car, we are waiting on Land rover to advise the current situation, your car's planned build date was 09/09/2011, it is at present not gone into build and we are unable to find out the cause, Land rover are to issue a bulletin to dealers over the next few day's to let dealers know the problem, as soon as I have an answer, I will let you know, it is not only your car which is in this position, I know this does not help, I will as I say inform you when we have an answer."

Not impressed to say the least after waiting all this time, have you heard anything else?
Aileen

<div style="font-family: Helvetica; line-height: normal; font-size: medium; ">

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just a speculative question

Did you both order a Panoramic roof?

Have heard there had been some issue's on the production of retail sold vehicles...which may have been resolved....adding to the price increase for this option....again just speculation

·
Registered
13 Posts
Found the following on another forum

Just a quick note to clarify that there has been a bulletin sent out from Land Rover today advising dealers that there may be delays in the short term due to both Xenon and Adaptive-Xenon headlight supply shortages.

Land Rover are working very hard to moving around urgent and non-urgent orders (slotting) and have advised that the extent of any delays will be know over the next couple of weeks. They are trying hard to keep Sept/Oct build as close to the planned build date as possible. They are keen to point out that they are keeping any unavoidable movement to an absoloute minimum.

The best advice is to diuscuss this with your dealer, who will have a better idea in a couple of weeks. I have spoken to a couple of my contacts at Land Rover today, and it is clear that it is priority number one for them currently.

With regard to the question above concerning amending orders; this is dictated by Land Rover's order system (Vista) which slots vehicles and their components for build. At varying stages of pre-production you will be able to change certain elements of the specification, however as you get closer to the actual build date the order becomes frozen for production. Your dealer can see on Vista the last date that the order can be amended, however it is worth pointing out that changes can cause a delay, depending on the option removed or added.

I hope this helps?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comments from my other posting;

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 958px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 809px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Got the result formally today from LR H/O.. I will have to wait tillFeb 2012, as there are (and apprently always has been) delays with the petrol models. So... (wait for it) November orders didn't get processed till Feb 2012 as DYN' PETROL were over-subscribed, although nobody tells the customers, at RR dealers (or so it appears!). Till now I've been told I had aNovemberbuild.

Hey, so therefore I "formally" haveNOcar for winter. Fortunately I have had the "apologies" today and seemingly admittance of incompetence and I feel so much better now... NOT!

It appears that my dealer "messed up" as head office claim that petrol models are the problem (even whenI ordered & paid in MAY) but the dates were always subject to substantial delays for dynamic petrol models.. (SO BEWARE!!) No surprise but that's the first I ever heard of this problem. So it's not paint or headlamps people!!

What do I do now??? No idea!!!! Needless to say I am not happy at all, yet for some reason, and most of all, I was looking forward to getting my blimmin car..

I probably won't remember the test drive (last Thursday) next year, or even what it looks like in 5 months time.. HMMMMMM Actually, Oh yes I will cos everyone else will be driving around in theirs.. predominantly diesels of course, cos they made enough of them ones.. apparently. Great foresight guys at RR!Cheers RR, create the hype and then shoot it back down..

I know what I should do now, write a formal letter of complaint to LR H/O, up the line we go. What a load of crap and inconvenience for all. But then, why should I take it in the neck? I will probably do it.

NB:If you are reading this please post a comment if you are concerned or feel it appropriate to support me in my plight to sort this mess out. I need support to take this issue to head office and get some attention to my problem, thanks.

I will keep you posted.
Jim

</td></tr></t></table><div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my car 5 weeks ago and was given a March 2012 delivery date. it seems that may well mean May/June sometime then......

·
Registered
2 Posts
by all means write and complain to them...I will tel you now though, from previous experience....you will get no where. LR do not give a monkeys about their customers and their customer services do not give a jot. They will put you off....be rude....and maybe, if you are really really really lucky...get an apology, but then that is an admission of guilt and they can't possibly do that.

And I am an out and out LR fan!!!

Godd luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went to my dealer yesterday. My delivery date, for Si4 Dynamic in Firenz Red with Verve interior and Lux pack, has been brought FORWARD from Oct 28th to Oct 18th.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sent my complaint (2 pages) to LR head office, let's see if I get a response.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've ordered a Prestige in Orkney with lux pack. Dealer originally said mid January, then brought forward to 22 Dec and 6 days later I am advised I might get it 30 December! I want it now!! Even more frustrating is that i drove past the factory 2 weeks ago and saw 100's of left hand drive vehicles parked with a few being moved on the road! So looking forward to getting it - just hope RR get their act sorted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My build date was supposed to be 23 Sep 11. Had a week of - it's in build, it's built, we have no info, it's in trim, were not sure, there will be a delay, it may not have made build, adaptives are holding it up. As at today I don't know what or where it is and was suppose to take delivery on 7 Oct. Warned it may not be before 14 Oct or possibly later. I have not spec'd the panoramic roof but the adaptive xenons seem to be the issue. I'm just hoping I'll get it sometime this year!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts