Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We already know Zara Philips has one and it's reported that the Royal protection guys have been seen in them, but who on here has an imminent delivery date?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tim from Scotland or Full Fat Tim as he's been know on other Range Rover forums, was the first (paying) customer that I know of. He took his from the dealership the minute they opened on Sept 9th, although he'd been sitting in it at the dealership in London since Sept 7th!!!

My car was due off the production line last Thursday 15th, so I'm hoping it will be in the dealership very soon - (with Xenons and Rear view camera!!!!!)
Any news Mortz????

ANT

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine is now definately off the production line and so dealer doing everything in their power to have me sitting in it next weekend. In principle this is fine, but a small lack of notice about imminent arrival means insurance; finance; disposal of old vehicle and number plate retention all coming round a bit too quick for my liking!!!!!!

Ideal world, I would take delivery next Saturday and spend all day deciding how much more fuel efficient it is than my current 4L monster!!

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait to hear of your ownership opinions, although I'll have to wait as I will be out of the country for a couple of weeks.

Don't loose too much sleep.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jake - great news! I know mine is 'being transported' and due at dealer on Friday - they are praying for an early delivery so it can be PDI'd or whatever the fancy term for 'having a clean' is!! To be honest, I say, sod the clean I just want the car!!! I now have insurance and am chuffed to bits with the premium, and am really hoping for pleasurable driving and the ability to slide seamlessly into spaces!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not many "sleeps" now Tootsie ! Car handles like a dream and sticks to the road like glue. It's also quicker and quieter than expected.I'll sort some pics.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ant said:
Tim from Scotland or Full Fat Tim as he's been know on other Range Rover forums, was the first (paying) customer that I know of. He took his from the dealership the minute they opened on Sept 9th, although he'd been sitting in it at the dealership in London since Sept 7th!!!

My car was due off the production line last Thursday 15th, so I'm hoping it will be in the dealership very soon - (with Xenons and Rear view camera!!!!!)
Any news Mortz????

ANT
Hi ANT...Thanks for poppin in the other day no further info since then

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wrecka, mine was c£450 with additional driver and a 'few' declared points on licence. Not too shabby compared to the X6 which was topping £1k!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Picked up on Friday - lovely to drive and don't feel quite so intimidating on the roads anymore

Also achieved quite an audience in a car park yesterday much to my childrens amusement and people were generally a lot 'friendlier' about the big wheels than they were with the previous ve-hi-cle!

I have been having a few 'acceleration' issues, but I feel that the reduction in bhp is overall a good thing for me - will be nice to see points dissapear and insurance premiums going down.

Sound system great - enjoy car most when driving alone with the music cranked up (god I sound like a nightmare!!)

All in all, one happy lady driver - cannot wait for the snow to start to put it through its paces.

As for the 'batman style call signal' emanating from my wing mirrors in the dark - I am still chuckling about it now.

Piccie posted up in the gallery....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanx Tootsie,
That's the figure I was hoping for, most insurance comparision sites don't list the evoque, so I base it on the Freelander and it varies between £400-£800

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went to Aviva - they had it on their site and were most competitive as currently 20% discount. Everyone else didn't have available and were ridiculously quoting when I called them!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats Jake,
Hope you are having a great time.
What colour interiors did you go for with your Orkney Grey?
I have ordered a Pure 5 Door in Orkney Grey with black interiors although I normally go for lighter interiors. In the Pure the other options are almond or grey.
What do you suggest, I am a bit confused.
Sanjay

·
Registered
134 Posts
I WENT FOR THE PURE 5 door auto fuji with almond !!!! :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts