Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now on to the next issue with my 2017 ED4. The drivers door isn't locking. After reading lots of posts on this I am going to have a go at replacing the door lock mechanism, however I have seen two different types for sale and it's not clear whether the 2017 model has one plug connection or two?. Worst case scenario is I will take the door apart to look but I wanted to do the job in one go and buy the part first. Can anyone please let me know from the photo above, which one I need for a 2017?

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
213 Posts
I'm sure that the difference between the two is that one is for passive entry (2 plug). The other is not.

I also found out that the whole lock casing can be a different shape to the one installed, but it still fits and works fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I stripped down the drivers door and took off the lock only to find the one I bought doesn't fit even though the ad said it did. The lock I need has three cables connected and one 10 pin plug. See photos. The part number says EJ3A-21812-CC but when I've searched online the only ones I can find for sale are 2nd hand. Please can anyone advise where I can get one? Other then paying £££ at the main dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found this, which it says fits my vehicle and has three cable connections and one 10 pin plug so looks exactly the same. Only trouble is that it doesn't say it's the same part number, what do you think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I ordered the lock as shown in the photo above and guess what, the one that arrived was the wrong type. As shown below it didnt have the additional section for the 2nd cable connection. Let's hope they send the right one after if is returned.
20201020_113634.jpg

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You have my worktop 😁

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
213 Posts
And my remote control :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Haha, mine too 👀

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure you two are not living in my house when I am out at work 🤣

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Now you mention it......

can you put a couple of Pork Pies in the fridge for tomorrow please 😁

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
HMO?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If I drew a large red arrow on my worktop my wife would not be happy at all 🥴

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
👀😁
image.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is getting silly now. The Spares Hut have sent a replacement and its exactly the same as the one I returned and not correct. You can clearly see in the photos below where I've marked in red the difference. Just to cheer me up before sending another part back I've bought 3 farm pork pies 🤣

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Ahh, I should have made it clearer, I really wanted Melton Mowbray Pork pies, so I’m afraid, yet again you have the wrong part. Could you return them and ask them to replace them with the correct part. 🥴

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
BTW, I think we have the same fridge 😱🤦‍♂️
Wren Kitchens have a lot to answer for🤔

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Send them a photo of the one you need! Lock not pork pie 😀

1 - 17 of 17 Posts