Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the black polypropylene surround for my space saver wheel for my 2012 Evoque, ive looked on Ebay and Gumtree but the nearest set is 120 miles from Nottingham so does anyone know of any closer where i could get some from ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think someone on here cut their existing insert out for the wheel to fit 🤔

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,071 Posts
Try this one

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Dave 1884 if you know someone that's got an Evoque with the spare wheel ask if you can do a cardboard cut out pattern from looking at theirs and go somewhere where they cut polystyrene or high density foam it would be a lot cheaper than the real thing, mine is only held in place with double sided tape.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Remember that the polystyrene 'nest' is only part of the task of holding a spare wheel down. The most important fixing is the central bolt which holds it securely in place, preventing it from flying around the interior in the event of an accident - these things weigh a lot!
I did a similar thing with my last car, a Porsche Cayenne which just had a can of goo instead of a spare. Luckily all the mountings were there so I just found the space-saver wheel complete with central bolt from a breaker and just mounted it on some thick foam rubber tape to prevent any rattles.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Do you get many Porsche Cayenne's in breakers yards these days? :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts