Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm interested in the evoque, my current car's lease ends on in July next year, maybe I am looking into this a bit too early but when should i be placing an order for july 2012 delivery?

Will it be a case of say come next april/may i can just order one then and it will be the usual 8-12 weeks?

I just want a 5dr pure 2.2 auto with meridian upgrade sounds, nav, fog lights, 20s, parking assist and couple of other bits, nothing too fancy.

Would be nice if I could put a deposit down for july delivery now without the risk of it arriving earlier. Is that possible or is it a case of me having to see what waiting times are in a few months and order accordingly?

·
Registered
118 Posts
As I understand it, dealers are given an allocation of cars each period (however long that is, say 2 months) with a mix of models and engine sizes. They then offer the cars to those on their waiting lists for each model/engine type. Those buyers can decline, "not yet", which doesn't mean they lose their place and will be offered a car next time. If that's the case, you should get your order in soon so that a car can be offered to you when you need it. If you delay, you run the risk of not being at the head of the queue when your lease runs out.

My dealer told me their waiting list for petrol cars (which is what I have ordered) is much shorter than for others but LR will be producing many less so that may or may not translate to a shorter wait. The big question is how LR allocates production between dealers. It's tough to know if they favour some dealers more than others or work to equalise lead times across all dealers. You then have the complication of speculators and people placing orders with more than one dealer to try to get a car earlier which distorts the true picture. It would be better to make the deposit non-refundable to stamp out the practice. Edited by: mark_n

·
Registered
52 Posts
I cant see any reason why you cannot pre order your evoque now and stipulate you want it delivered in July, i did that with my bmw no probs, surely Land rover offer the same service as another good car dealer, after all a sell is a sell, land rover will want your money going to them not someone else, just because of a delivery date.

Give them a ring

Onebigjobby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts