Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to like a wider 'stance' on my cars - it just looks better in my opinion and I appreciate that purists will be horrified at the idea but hey-ho, its my car etc etc ;)

I am thinking of about 15-20mm all round (hub-centric of course) Has anyone done this already? I would value your comments.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,942 Posts
I can't remember seeing anything on here about spacers but there is a thread on the BabyRR forum about it,.

Reactions: RazMan

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't remember seeing anything on here about spacers but there is a thread on the BabyRR forum about it,.
Thanks for the link XZ4 - lots of good info there. I have managed to bag some cheap 25mm spacers which look nicely made. A little more width than I was intending but I think they will look good on the car.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It would be Interesting to see the results when you have fitted them ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go :)

Reactions: DKZ5745 and XZ4

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Looks good, but I don't want to be a killjoy, but have you advised your insurance company of this 'modification'?
You know how they can be when they have to pay out in the vent of an accident.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having just bought the car from a independent dealership, there is no mention of the spec list anywhere so no one knows who fitted them - it must have been the previous owner I think ;)

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I don't think it makes any difference who and when they were fitted.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,942 Posts
Ignorance is bliss. Except for when dealing with insurance companies. I don't think they would notice them though if you had a claim.

Reactions: RazMan

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I was originally looking for 20mm but found some 25mm ones quite cheap on ebay so decided to fit them front and rear. They suit the car very well in my opinion and with slightly wider 255/45/20 tyres, it gives a slightly more chunky appearance and a slightly bigger contact patch with the road.
20200522_194851.jpg

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was originally looking for 20mm but found some 25mm ones quite cheap on ebay so decided to fit them front and rear. They suit the car very well in my opinion and with slightly wider 255/45/20 tyres, it gives a slightly more chunky appearance and a slightly bigger contact patch with the road.
View attachment 4795
Thanks Razman. I am interested to look at the rear profile and your attachment is not working,.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Curious - I can't appear to upload pics from my phone. I will try and send one from the 'puter later

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorted (I think)

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Ignorance is bliss. Except for when dealing with insurance companies. I don't think they would notice them though if you had a claim.
Unless you post a picture of it on social media admitting all liability 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Veteran and Maffy

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
73 Posts
I've got 25mm spacers too. Makes the Evoque in my opinion look a lot better, more aggressive and wide as a 4wd should.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts