Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mortz,
We have had some snow falling for the past few hours in the North East (Whickham), it's getting really bad as there is now a good 1/4 inch of snow, (that's less than 1 cm for our Euro friends)so I am off the the shops to purchase every scrap of bread just in case (NOT)!!!!!!!

I have my blanket, flask and shovel, so just about ready to go.

Only problem is that I don't want to take the Evoque in case someone crashes into me??????

Advice please............

·
Registered
219 Posts
Snowing really heavy here in consett (10 miles away from Whickham mentioned in last post) Consett is about 1000ft above sea level though. I used to work in Whickham and quite often there would be loads of snow up here and none at Whickham.

Its going to be a challenge driving 18 miles to work for 10pm tonight if it keeps going. Of course it would have been easier if i had my 4x4 which i ordered 6 months ago to drive!

·
Registered
40 Posts
the roads will be gridlocked soon...filled with the fleets of the BBC and Skys outdoor units driving to all parts of the country trying to find an accident and some slow moving traffic , whereby the reporter can stand in nearby field - no doubt with the grass still visible- and show us what 1/4 inch of snow looks like ( in case we dont know)... and how the country has come to a standstill.

·
Registered
136 Posts
About an inch near Wigan. Should I take the Evoque....?? You serious, loves this weather. But to be honest it may as well have been middle of summer - heated steering wheel kept hands lovly and warm, car heated up nicely did not even come near to losing any traction. Just ate the road up come what may. Fuel Eco still poor. Guess will ave to just live with it but why claim 43mpg when in reality it has no chance . Daily blog on twitter #evoqroadwarrior

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jimbobarelli said:
....of course, if the roads were So bad... how come they seem to get their reporters there?

Coz they drive LR Defenders.

Have you not noticed, every bad weather road scene shown on British TV, be it snow, flood or wind, there will always be a Defender driving past as if nothing is wrong. Love it, I just Love it.

There's nothing more fun being in a Defender, with a few inches of snow or water under the tyres, offering helpful tow outs to those not so fortunate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts