Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new member here.
I'm looking to buy my first evoque with a budget of up to 18k, any information on which model I should buy and what I need to watch out for would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi everyone, new member here.
I'm looking to buy my first evoque with a budget of up to 18k, any information on which model I should buy and what I need to watch out for would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Try and get a car which has:
1- Used JLR warranty (give to approved JLR cars).
2- Full-service history ideally by JLR. You can check service history here: Land Rover
For cars with 2.2 engine, 16K or 1 year whichever comes first. So, a 5-year-old car should have at least 5 services (going with the year and considering that its low mileage).
3- I have opted pre-2016 engine and that is due to oil dilution / dpf issues on the newer version. My selection was based on 4-6K miles/annum. If you are going to driver >10K, then you can consider the new 2-litre engine.

These are basics and hope it helps.

Reactions: RR_Evoq

·
Registered
248 Posts
Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Good luck in you’re search..... and most importantly get side steps all the classy looking ones have them... some disagree but I’m always right......but then they’re all older and wear tweed and smelll musty .... over to you Maffy

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have a good look underneath these cars - the bodies themselves have good protection (although a lot is plastic), but subframes, tank shields and other bolt on assemblies are not so well protected.
Interior trim that has been damaged can easily be sourced on eBay - often new bits at a cheap price - so I wouldn’t worry too much about that - as long as it’s not been abused.
As already said, you should be able to pick up an excellent late model 2.2 Dynamic + model for your pennies, good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Totally agree with Robwen. These cars are not well protected underneath. Get right underneath it or ask the garage to put it on their lifting gear (a lot easier). They shouldn’t mind if there is nothing to hide. Also make sure all the gizmos work. Good luck

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not all vehicles have a computerised service history. Not sure of the date but I think it was 2014. I’m sure someone will be along to correct me. Mine didn’t but it did have a stamped service record book. I trust no one and was able to confirm it’s service history via the old fashioned route .........telephone and email.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not all vehicles have a computerised service history. Not sure of the date but I think it was 2014. I’m sure someone will be along to correct me. Mine didn’t but it did have a stamped service record book. I trust no one and was able to confirm it’s service history via the old fashioned route .........telephone and email.
Mine is MY2015 and it's all online. Despite that, I contacted the dealers and confirmed it. The only hesitation they showed was not disclosing what warranty work was carried out. In their opinion, I was not the current owner. So, I ask the owner to contact them and get the information which he did.

Reactions: Valisk 61

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very true - but it does help give you a pointer when you're trawling the internet to make a shortlist. (y) Didn't realise pre 2014 records weren't online.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,967 Posts
Welcome to the EOC Bazza

as mentioned above there are loads of good post of things to check before buying.
I‘ve had mine since 2013 and have both online and paper service history book.

Be aware that any 2013 or earlier diesel Evoque is due a cam belt change so if it hasn’t been done budget for a £700 job in the near future.

Think of factory options that you want that are difficult or impossible to retrofit. E.g Panoramic Roof, Dynamic suspension, 360 cameras, etc.

Along with the full JLR service history, Premium tyres (Pirelli or Michelin) are a good indicator that the owner hasn’t skimped on maintenance and replace items like for like.

Good luck, there are loads of great cars to choose from, Enjoy the process.

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Try and get a car which has:
1- Used JLR warranty (give to approved JLR cars).
2- Full-service history ideally by JLR. You can check service history here: Land Rover
For cars with 2.2 engine, 16K or 1 year whichever comes first. So, a 5-year-old car should have at least 5 services (going with the year and considering that its low mileage).
3- I have opted pre-2016 engine and that is due to oil dilution / dpf issues on the newer version. My selection was based on 4-6K miles/annum. If you are going to driver >10K, then you can consider the new 2-litre engine.

These are basics and hope it helps.
The SD4 2.2 lump has been well tested in Transit vans & seems to have less problems with DPF.

Reactions: Doink and makkan00

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
The 2.2 was and is a brilliant engine-had it in the Freelander-NEVER skipped a beat in 130,000 miles in three years, had that before the Evoque.

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
248 Posts
The 2.2 was and is a brilliant engine-had it in the Freelander-NEVER skipped a beat in 130,000 miles in three years, had that before the Evoque.
The little ******* devil in me kept saying, buy the new shape with 2-litre engine especially when the price difference was marginal.

It was so tough to beat that devil and go for 2.2L and live with slightly outdated front fog lights. I hope I don't regret later.

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
You will not be dissapointed with the 2.2-just keep it well serviced and it is bombproof-you can easily retrofit the fog light mountings, bonnet grills etc to bring it up to near as current spec.

Reactions: Sadie and makkan00

·
Registered
37 Posts
A thing I look for when buying a used vehicle is 4 matching premium tyres. 2 pirellis on the back, a jingjong and tingtong on the front makes me wonder if they scrimped on tyres, what else was forsaken

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Correct, Tyres are a great indicator.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts