Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real dilemma for me. I put down deposit on my Evoque on 7 th November 2010 and have been waiting ever since. I chose the dynamic coupe in white and have been so excited waiting on it for over a year. After about 5 delays with delivery date I was told today it had arrived at dealership and would be ready on 28th after it went through workshop for handover. In my excitement I went to dealership for sneak preview. Can you imagine my horror when I saw it was a 5 door and not the coupe. Sales person can't explain mistake and on order form I signed it does not mention coupe or 5 door although he concedes I always wanted the coupe.
If I don't take this I could be waiting other 6 months for one I want. I'm so disappointed but still like the 5 door but not as much as coupe. What would you do ?..
The garage manager is to phone me tomorrow ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is a real shame.. I would see if you could do a deal to take the 5 door and swap for the coupe when it arrives? I dont know how many miles you will do in 6 months, but I''m sure they could sell a 6 month old 5 door with say 5k miles on it? I don't think the cars will lose a lot in the next 12 months or so. I been stopped and offered more money than I paid for my 5 door since I picked it up. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
still a great car - they're selling for at least a £5k premium - buy it an sell then take a free holiday while you wait for the coupe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will wait and see what Manager says when he phones. Iv been spending last 2 hours looking at pictures of 5 door dynamics v 3 door ones and to be honest I'm starting to like the 5 door more and more. I agree with roblucas that I should take it and perhaps demand garage do what ever they can to get me coupe as quick as possible and maybe guarantee me a minimum trade in when it comes.
Wonder what Range Rover customer service would say about the garage **** up ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took delivery last weekend of my Dynamic 5 door SDi in Firenze with Verve interior, 20" shadow chrome wheels,panoramic roof etc. It's 100% the car of choice and I just love the colour even more now than when I first saw it. The 5 door is just more "usable" in the back seats and loses nothing on the outside lines in my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The dealer must be very embarrassed as JLR would have to know the body style before they could manufacture, so the dealer must have put it on their order form to them. How have they priced it as the coupe is more expensive than the 5 door, therefore as a minimum, I would expect the dealer to get you the coupe for the 5 door price, free service and bodywork protection kit, perhaps free GAP insurance.
I think some dealers have become complacent with the Evoque as a number I have been to just say the car sells itself and this is probably a cause for your issue.
Not sure of the options on your order, but my local dealer has sold a number of his showroom cars already as they have had replacements through already, therefore do they have a showroom car to the spec you want?
I am waiting for the call tomorrow to confirm mine has gone into build, but really dreading it as I am worried they will come back with a delay as a lot of others are experiencing. I have gone for the 5 door Dynamic in red with lux pack, shadow wheels and a few other bits and I can't wait, ever since I saw the exact car at one of the live events.
It would be worth getting to see the car they have ordered in the flesh and get them to put it beside a coupe as you may be surprised and like it. Whatever you decide, let us know what you decide and make sure you get all you can from the dealer.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
First off it that were me I'd have probably jumped off the first bridge I saw, secondly I might have taken the salesman with me.

Coupe or 5dr is a dilemma many of us have faced, style over practicality, I'm afraid I was outvoted two to one, in favour of the coupe.

Perhaps take the 5dr as it is growing on you, pocket the extra £1000, and own the car for a month before you reconsider a coupe.

Says someone who himself is still unsure of a coupe or 5dr.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Real dilemma! - the driver for coupe vs. 5 door is an interesting one - how many people will regularly be travelling in the car - if more than x 2 then think seriously about the 5 door - It's a great car and from a resale persepective (regardless of the target JLR audience) the 5 door will hold value well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer called me today. If I take the 5 door just now they will try all leads to get me a coupe as near to my spec as possible. In mean time they have ordered new coupe for me and put me far up list as possible ( some poor other persons order will no doubt suffer ) and if it takes say 3 months or 6 months for one to come they promise car will only depreciate by 300 per month . If I want prior to new car coming sell car myself at greater value that's my business. I'm getting g car on Satuarday now so will try and post pictures. It's a white dynamic with black contrast paronamic roof with lux pack and verve interior.
I may contact Range Rover customer services to see what else they should be doing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have gone for the 5 door even though it is just the two of us. We seriously considered the coupe but eventually decided against it.

We wanted the practicality that comes with the 5 door and with us loving camping, moutain biking, skiing, etc., we will often fill up the boot and back seat. Access to the back seat was very important to us.

I think the coupe looks stunning and true to the concept model, but I also think the 5 door does. If the engine vents were on the 5 door, it would be perfect!

I suppose it is really how you intend to use it. It is fair to say both designs look great and will certainly turn heads....

Having said that, I am sorry for your disappointment and hope you are happy with how things turn out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello there, i have ordered the coupe, or am sure i have........ you never know do you. hoping mine here next week. theres only me and my hubby so dont need 5 door. i think they are all gorgeous and we are lucky people........... hope all gets sorted soon for you..... at the end of the day why should you settle for what you didnt order. You obviously liked the coupe to start with........ kick ass........ maybe someone will have ordered 5 door, coupe delivered........ problem solved ....... you can swap.... If only it was that easy......... best of luck x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After thinking about the offer of no more than £300 per month deprecation I thought why am I accepting that ? So I phoned manager again today and told him I feel they should be doing more. After a fairly frank discussion he now has agreed to give me the value I'm paying tomorrow for it when my reorder arrives. He thinks this should be March April at least. So I guess long and short of it is I'm getting a free Range rover Evoque for 4 to 5 months. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow now.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Result

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've been following this with interest, to the extent I have phoned my dealership to check that the 5 door is on order for me!

Great news, you have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thankyou IKM. Got to get it yet though..... I have waited sooooo long
..... I know it will be so worth it.... im one happy lady......x

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Michael1967 said:
After thinking about the offer of no more than £300 per month deprecation I thought why am I accepting that ? So I phoned manager again today and told him I feel they should be doing more. After a fairly frank discussion he now has agreed to give me the value I'm paying tomorrow for it when my reorder arrives. He thinks this should be March April at least. So I guess long and short of it is I'm getting a free Range rover Evoque for 4 to 5 months. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow now.

That's great - hope you still love it when you collect today - don't forget to get some pictures up

I however see another dilemma in 4 months, you'll love your 5 door and won't want the coupe they've got in for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi all ,I got my Evoque on Satuarday (albeit its the wrong one) and I love it . Garage say it will be April when I get my Coupe now but this is great in mean time. Im going to up grade to the sports seats Iv decided. Iv posted pictures in the gallary section..Enjoy...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts