Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an SD4 Prestige with Luxury Pack in early October and have been given a build date of 24 February for a March (third week) delivery (although the dealer suggests - off the record - that it should be delivered sooner).

I am told I have until the end of this month to make any last minute changes to the specification, and my questions are:

1 I have added quite a few extras in addition to the luxury pack, but not the adaptive dynamics option. My dealer says that, for the type of motoring I will do, it wouldn't give me much benefit. I live on a farm and have muddy and rutted lanes to deal with, but never go off-road. The worst conditions I experience are heavy snow falls, and the car will do no more than about 5,000 miles per annum. Any advice?

2 The fully loaded price brings the car close to the cost of a 'basic' Range Rover Sport (the face-lifted 3 litre SE version), especially as discounts are available on this model. Would this have been a better alternative? (I note that a couple of members have changed from RR Sports to Evoques, and would be particularly interested to know their views).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I suggested putting the Adaptive Dynamics on the Prestige SD4I pick up in just over a week.
I was more or less toldwhy put it on a Prestige when it comes as standard on a Dynamicand you might as well buy that.
A new RRS iscoming out in 2013 and it with very similar styling to the Evoque, but will obviously be larger car/engines. I am sure residuals of the current model willtumble once this is due release.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">Thanks for the reply. Did you decide to go ahead with the adaptive dynamics? (Presumably you are too late to switch to a Dynamic!). Do you have a view as to the difference in handling, damping, etc.?

There are aspects of both models I prefer, and I wish it were possible to pick the best bits from each! I don't like the Dynamic two-colour upholstery or the square exhausts, but I prefer its front bumper design and side aspect. (I have ordered a five door, by the way).

I had heard about a possible new RRS (one of the things that puts me off buying one) but your point about residuals is also very valid. I gather the new RRS will move upmarket a bit, so removing the current near overlap of the price. Apparently, most RRS purchasers opt for the bigger engine as well, which would further knock SE residuals.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; "><div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">Thanks for the reply Jake (my previous reply was to the last but one poster - I didn't realise that the original post wouldn't be embedded in the response).
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">When the Evoque was in prospect, I always assumed I'd buy petrol. However, the dealer told me that the residuals on diesels would be better as they were likely to be by far and away the more common choice, and several write-ups claim that, in normal driving, there isn't that much difference in performance, and, at lower speeds, the diesel has the edge due to the higher torque. Also, notwithstanding the low mileage, I won't say no to the better fuel consumption (despite the reservations about the truth of the claimed figures widely discussed on hear, presumably it will remain better than the Si4) or the (presumably) lower insurance and road tax.
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">The car is for my wife, and replaces a RAV4 (the third of these which she has had in sequence). I run a Mercedes SL 500, which I love, but in which I do less than 4,000 miles a year! Now I'm retired, having two cars makes no sense, and the plan was to find a car which suited us both, and which had enough about it that I could ultimately persuade myself to part with the SL and only run one car. If I do that (but maybe not just yet!!) we would then do perhaps 9 or 10,000 miles per annum, making the diesel more advantageous.

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">Incidentally, on the subject of mileage, the RAV (petrol version) returns about 31 mpg overall, which, perhaps surprisingly, isn't all that much better than the SL (which gets an even better consumption than the RAV on a long motorway trip at comparable 70-80 mph speeds). Given the extra cost of diesel, I am hoping that the Evoque will comfortably beat this consumption, but am not so sure now I've read the various posts on this subject.

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-: initial; -: none; ">(I have also ordered a five-door Prestige automatic in Orkney Grey - snap!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts