Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last 2 years i have been blown away by by everything Frank Turner puts out, before that i was a bit of an indie kid. What do you all like?

Oh and "Beans on toast" are the future sound of england.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Just popped on youTube to listen to Frank Turner - not something I've listened to before and I'm quite impressed.

My 'taste' is varied - like anything Eminem, Linkin Park, Green Day, REM, Travelling Wilburys or Dance & RnB if I'm in the mood for it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kosheen for me.

Not too many people have heard of them but they have had 3 great albums out (unless there are more that I dont know of)?

·
Registered
56 Posts
This year i'll hope to become 50 years. So my music is the 70's and 80's.
I love a lot of music but in all these yaars I'm still a big fan of Queen. Can't wait to listen to Bohemian Rapsody coming from the Meridian audio

·
Registered
361 Posts
ZW4 said:
I love a lot of music but in all these yaars I'm still a big fan of Queen. Can't wait to listen to Bohemian Rapsody coming from the Meridian audio

Totally feeling yourvide on that one..........cant wait to slap in some demo cd's ....I see it....customer wants to demo the evoque....i say bring your favorite cd

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mortz said:
ZW4 said:

Totally feeling yourvibe on that one..........cant wait to slap in some demo cd's ....I see it....customer wants to demo the evoque....i say bring your favorite cd

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a big Springsteen/Bruce Hornsby/Eagles/Melissa Etheridge/Steve Winwood/Bob Seger fan.....When we went on the Unleashed event we took Bob Seger's 'Face The Promise' CD and it sounded great!

My hi-fi at home is a Meridian system so I am obviously biased but they make great sounding systems.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Pretty much everything apart from reggae, somehow it just doesn't gel with me, recent CDs, yes CD's, easy to load into itunes, then to ipod, then play on home system or the cars, they both have ipod connectivity, are Adele, loads of Now thats what i call, Kings of Leon and probably my favourite JohnMeyer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All Tom Petty's new Album Mojo is the best for many years, and if you love blues rock music go on utube and watchJoe Bonamassa.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can pretty much listen to anything from The Levellers, ACDC, Beethoven, to the odd bit of tat from the charts!

As of today though, my current band of choice is Elbow....thoughtful lyrics and storytelling...

·
Registered
16 Posts
<div style="text-align: left;">Saw The Eagles Live at the 02 arena in London in 2008 during their Long Road Out Of Eden tour. They were awesome, great night

<div style="text-align: left;">I would really like to see Joe Bonamasa live.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi All
Im in at the Metal end of the spectrum... Alter Bridge, Drowning Pool, Linkin Park, Paramore, Parkway drive, Seether etc(plus old school AC/DC, Iron Maiden)

Would say I also like Indie side of things.

All sound great I have to say streaming via bluetooth from my iphone to the Evoque.. I like the way as soon as I press the start button my music start to play and dont need to press or do anything...

Keep on Rollin!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm pretty eclectic- Metallica, Linkin Park, Eminem, Silver Sun Pickups, but also Dave Matthews, Pink Floyd, Louis Armstrong, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Gotta be the 80's vibe for me, born in '69 and loved the 80's. In the last 12 months have seen Level 42, OMD and the Human League. (the blonde one still looks good but the dark haired one has been eating too many Krispy Kremes). Can't beat the 80's compilations, gonna be blasting through the 825watt system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bloody marvellous thread!Kind of "what's on your iPod" theme..
so today - whilst day dreaming at work - I listened to Elvis Costello, The Smiths, James Taylor and Kate Bush. And I lovemost of the stuff mentioned here.

I have ordered the 825w Meridian and look forward to appreciating some of the detail.

Evo-King - get the time, get mellowed, put on some Bob Marley and be converted! You will be a believer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts