21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Rear window washer working ok?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Already reported all washers ok. Both screens & headlights. Do try & keep up at the back

·
Registered
5,903 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
He said the screen and headlamp washers that’s why I said may be rear window.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Reckon her headlamps need washing Vet?

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Thank you Doogi, thats what I remembered-Veteran you are a Devil ,
Bollocks to Christmas, hate it, hate it, hate it- Finish for the "Festive" period next wednesday until january 2nd- got to hide away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sorry chaps didn't think to check rear wash and they do not work (just checked). Why would a tube on the engine have anything to do with the rear wash?

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
It's fed from the same bottle as the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ve sussed it, just watched a “how to” on YouTube about changing the fuel filter and your pipe goes on the bottom of the fuel filter housing to drain water out of the filter which basically nobody ever does. So it won’t do any harm if you leave it off or if you tuck it out of the way or to do it properly take the metal shield off the front of the filter and push it back on again, fiddly and probably not worth it until the filter is next changed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely not, it’s too big a pipe anyway for screenwash tubeing. It may be a blocked jet at the back, if there was a pipe off or broken whenever you do the rear screenwash there would be a large water leak.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
For the rear wash, have you tried running it a few times, sometimes the fluid syphons away and you need to re-fill the pipe length.

As for the tube, can you take it back to where you last serviced it, sounds like they didn't connect it back properly.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Still think Veteran needs to be hosed down with freezing water and left to stand outside tonight for wasting time!!!!
o_O Chilly willy!

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Still think Veteran needs to be hosed down with freezing water and left to stand outside tonight for wasting time!!!!
Bit Harsh...! :oops:

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Thank you Phil. Maffy is just jealous of my ability to maintain an erect upright standing for hours 😉

21 - 40 of 59 Posts