Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the full specification of my vehicle from JLR and I have a “BBUS with tilt sensor” - what on earth is this? Lol a quick Google search doesn’t really bring anything up

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,028 Posts
Google brought up Battery Back Up System with tilt sensor. No bloody idea what it all means though 🤣

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google brought up Battery Back Up System with tilt sensor. No bloody idea what it all means though 🤣
🤷🏽‍♂️😂

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the below which kinda helps (I think ha)

When the alarm is armed, the battery back-up sounder activates if:
  • The alarm is activated.
  • The vehicle's 12V battery is disconnected.
  • An attempt is made to disconnect the battery back-up sounder.

When the alarm is armed and the vehicle is double locked, the tilt sensor detects any change in the vehicle's angle to the ground. A significant change in the vehicle's angle activates the alarm.

Still not 100% clear on the BBUS part haha

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,611 Posts
It looks like the BBUS item is the 'Battery Back-Up Sounder' as per the Owners Manual description that you've quoted.
Another battery to go flat! ;)

NB.
It might be worth changing your profile slightly as I can't see your MY - perhaps shorten Range Rover to RR so things fit in?
This is what I see:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate - still not 100% sure what it is for/does!

Ah didn’t realise it looked like that on desktop - displays fully on mobile. I’ll change now cheers!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,611 Posts
The alarm will sound if someone chops off the power from the main battery.
A bit like some house alarms have a 'battery backup'.

Reactions: JackJ

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it possible on mobile to add my vehicle spec to the bottom of my posts as opposed to the top?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,611 Posts
Is it possible on mobile to add my vehicle spec to the bottom of my posts as opposed to the top?
Yes, just update your forum 'signature'.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, just update your forum 'signature'.
Couldn’t find that section before on mobile but just found it cheers mate

·
Super Moderator
8,779 Posts
It looks like the BBUS item is the 'Battery Back-Up Sounder' as per the Owners Manual description that you've quoted.
Another battery to go flat! ;)

NB.
It might be worth changing your profile slightly as I can't see your MY - perhaps shorten Range Rover to RR so things fit in?
This is what I see:
View attachment 7303
It shows ok under his post!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,611 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I thought a BBus was something you travelled on if you had a sstutter 🤔

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
318 Posts
re.. ' with tilt sensor' This is part of the Alarm system if someone try's to say lift the car onto a low-loader or trailer etc, it will sound the alarm.

Reactions: JackJ
1 - 16 of 16 Posts