Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have commented on this on other posts on this forum, but this still puzzles me.

The vehicle that What Car tested was a SD4 Pure. In their review they referred to the stitched leather dash, also the car pictured was red with different coloured roof.

I've confirmed with many of you one here and with the dealer, the Pure does not get a leather dash, and you cannot opt for a different roof colour, although you could argue that if you opt for the panaoramic roof "which we have' you do.

Why are we misled like this, I'd love a leather dash and alternative roof colour. Maybe LRJ have different vehicles rushed through production for the test fleets, the trouble is we read these reviews in many cases before we get to see the car for real then we get disappointed when we get to the showroom.

Also there are comments regarding wind noise from the large wing mirrors, on at least two that we drove we went on dual carriageways and we were traveling 'shall we say' a tad over 70mph, I would have described the wind noise as a whisper plus there was no audio on.

I think the Evoque is terrific.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's my point, in the literature it refers to it as a Pure SD4.

It must be a Prestige or Dynamic, so as a potential buyer you are misled.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Most of the Evoques in previous car reviews have been a mix of engines & specifications that are not available in the UK, so to give a beneficial review. These mostly involve prestige interiors with pure & dynamic exteriors or Prestige plus seats in dynamic cars where the motoring hack is unaware it is a £3k extra. Even the dealers are confused, with the punters seeming to know more about the cars than the guys who are paid to know. This is the same for all marques though, so I am not specifically digging out LR.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
The Evoque will be a great car to own for a year or 18 months or so, until they are a common sight when all back orders are met. That is when we will sell ours and hopefully Mercedes will be bringing their A class AMG 350 bhp 4WD to the market.

Fuji Si4 LUX. Pursuit interior. Delivery October. New to LR.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Ben,

I pick up my Evoque SD4 Pure (white) next month. I see you have the same model and have been driving it a while now. Any advice? Whats the good & if any bad points to consider?

Look forward to your feedback

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
My experience of the dealers is they re just " order takers" and don't really know he product at all, which is a shame, there are of course exceptions, and probably many good salesman out there, aside one at Lookers Colchester, haven't met any!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just had a look at the pics on the "What Car" site and the silver car looks exactly like a US Spec Dynamic. The second interior shot clearly shows the "suspension selections" include MagneRide which is only avail in this country on Dynamic. And the dash is exactly like mine: a stitched "recycled materials" dash. And the wheels are the wheels that come standard on the US spec Dynamic. FWIW.

And actually, the white coup looks like a Dynamic as well. I realize they are "wRong Hand Drive" (as we say over here) but...

Edited by: scrannel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts