1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<a href="http://www.whatcar.com/awards/T" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

http://www.whatcar.com/awards/

</A>

....the BMW X3. What a complete joke. Apparently the Evoque ran it close but beat it just about every area. Like Looks for example........like 4x4 performance for example, sheer diesireability. Really the guys at what car must all be 70+ year olds (no offence those if you who are 70+). Most people see / drive the Evoque and WANT one. Who really WANTS and X3? Put them side by side, price and spec up the same, which would you choose? On this forum that's obvious but to the neutral surely the Evoque wins every time. I am sure the X3 is a fine car, must admit toyed with it myself. Oh and the quoted 50+mpg - looks like most owners are getting mid to upper 30's so we are not alone tho that does not make me feel better!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's an absolute joke! Only thing I can think is they got paid off by BMW...
Why is every other award going to Evoque and not this one!?

·
Registered
120 Posts
X3 is a hairdressers' car !!! ( No disrespect to hairdressers of course )

·
Registered
16 Posts
An X3 has low profile Run Flat Tyres. These things are about as much use in snowy and off road conditions as theproverbial chocolate teapot. The approach and retreat anglesare inferior, noTerrainResponse System; 4x4, don't make me laugh.

And don't get me going on price/spec comparisons.......an X3, to the same spec as the Pure SD4 Auto with tech and style packs, comes in at around £40K - Evoque £35K, and just look at the X3
, .......I won't go on.

What Car?, more like What Planet?

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
malph said:
An X3 has low profile Run Flat Tyres. These things are about as much use in snowy and off road conditions as theproverbial chocolate teapot. The approach and retreat anglesare inferior, noTerrainResponse System; 4x4, don't make me laugh.

And don't get me going on price/spec comparisons.......an X3, to the same spec as the Pure SD4 Auto with tech and style packs, comes in at around £40K - Evoque £35K, and just look at the X3
, .......I won't go on.

What Car?, more like What Planet?
+1 for me as well.

I've test drove both, only 1 winner I ordered it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Doesn't the X3 have more space? That was the only downside of the evoque, and the doormirrors really. On a personal note, I also liked the Q5, but after having driven the RRE I was convinced. You also get a lot more for your money, not certain about resell value :)

The boot size is good with 500+ liters but you get it mainly in height. So you can store a suitcase and put something on top of it, but it isn't enormous. Maybe LR should make some suitcases that make the best of the space available in the back. I would certainly buy some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The latest issue of Auto Express gives awards to the best buys in 2012. The RRE gets the gold medal for best Compact SUV in 2012. They say it's down to the looks, off road capability, slickly designed and luxuriously appointed cabin, as well as being agile on the move, particularly with the adaptive suspension.

The X3 gets the silver medal for sharp dynamics, decent off road performance, amazing efficiency and upmarket cabin but the outstanding quality of the RRE beats it.

Bronze goes to the Freelander 2 for a cabin room, upmarket image and assured off road performance.

Runner up is the Q3 and Q5 due to the quality of the competition. One to avoid is the SsangYong Korando which falls well short of class standards.

Guess I know which magazine I'll be sticking with!Edited by: luvlyjubly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not only that but also OVERALL AUTOEXPRESS CAR OF THE YEAR!!
Also in the nominations for Car of the Year award 2012 due in March.

·
Registered
4 Posts
...and in the US, 2012 Motor Trend SUV of the Year.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/suv/1112_2012_suv_of_the_year_land_rover_range_rover_evoque/viewall.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts