Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,129 Posts
Do some have two @HmmmUK? Sure read somewhere
Yes, around 2014 Autos. It's on the bulkhead along from the main battery.
I think they moved to AGM batteries which meant an axillary one was no longer required.

The forum has photos - people used to disconnect them to disable the stop/start!

Reactions: 9492

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,929 Posts
Reactions: Veteran

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
They do Donna 😀. Some cars have 4 wheels but not for long in Liverpool

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Or Glasgow 🤫

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
New battery fitted this week. Wife moaning about the start stop now working :ROFLMAO:

All seems OK at the moment then.

Kept old battery to put into service for the horses electric fencing duties. Stuck the charger on it and it still says the batteries OK, don't really understand that one?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,129 Posts
New battery fitted this week. Wife moaning about the start stop now working :ROFLMAO:

All seems OK at the moment then.

Kept old battery to put into service for the horses electric fencing duties. Stuck the charger on it and it still says the batteries OK, don't really understand that one?
How much did your local garage charge? Do you know what they fitted?
Did they do anything with the BMS?

Not long ago batteries were simple!

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
709 Posts
Exactly same with mine, still showing green on the indicator and fully charging, but swapping it cured the problems. I guess Evoques are very sensitive.

Reactions: Andy.M

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
How much did your local garage charge? Do you know what they fitted?
Did they do anything with the BMS?

Not long ago batteries were simple!
Proper Land Rover battery fitted by a local LR indy. Made my eyes water, think it was £240ish, had an MOT as well but the wife went and paid for it so a result! Presume the bus was updated as it all seems to be working. Phoned up LR dealer and they quoted £120 more than we paid and would have involved two 1 hour round trips to do it. As it is the indy is a 15 min drive and my parents live round the corner so we tied it in with their weekly visit.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,129 Posts
Proper Land Rover battery fitted by a local LR indy. Made my eyes water, think it was £240ish, had an MOT as well but the wife went and paid for it so a result! Presume the bus was updated as it all seems to be working. Phoned up LR dealer and they quoted £120 more than we paid and would have involved two 1 hour round trips to do it. As it is the indy is a 15 min drive and my parents live round the corner so we tied it in with their weekly visit.
Thanks (y)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A week further on and all is well! Bloody stop start works at the end of the drive now 😂

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Weirdly, my stop start has always been occasional, does it when it wants. Since I got it back from dealers who did the oil change & software update on transmission, it seems to be doing it all the time 🤔

·
Registered
373 Posts
There are a whole host of things that inhibit the S/S.

This gives an idea of some of them.

Reasons why the start-stop system does not work.

The most common thing that I have noticed is having the air-con on in the summer on a hot day.

·
Registered
Evoque Hse dynamic lux sd4
31 Posts
I seem to have the opposite. Stop start works perfectly no low battery warnings but as its not getting much use due to covid I put my c tek ms 5.0 on it. Over the course of it changing it will throw up the red fault light its a 2018 hse dynamic lux so has the agm battery. If I take it off the agm program it works perfectly initially I thought it was a faulty charger put my other c tek ms 5.0 on it and that one will also throw up the light but not every time

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
191 Posts
another plus for CTEK MXS5.0. My 5 year old battery been sitting on it for 3 days or so and today it stop-started like it is going out of fashion. I had more stop-start working in this one short trip then an entire year since I bought the car.
Waking the dead.
I'm putting in an order now for turning water into wine from CTEK.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts