Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed over from my winter to summer tyres. So it's off with the 18" old Evoque wheels with their Wintracks Extreme, and on with the 17" and Eagle F1 AT that came with the car. The car looks completely different - can't make up my mind which I prefer:
IMG_20200324_1441147.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Top ones definitely. Those 17"s look tiny. I didn't realise they did 17"s on the Evoque, thought the smallest diameter was 18"s?
20"s would absolutely transform that car, it's beautiful.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Agree, top set look best

·
Registered
177 Posts
17" for me as that's what I configured on my Evoque, with more rubber between the road and the car the ride is great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting replies so far. The old Evoque wheels were a great design. I had them on my black DS previously and they looked brilliant. On the Evoque they look "right" I suppose. But the black 17" ones turn it into an off-road beast visually. Sort of chunky. I'm amazed at the difference in look. But they're still V rated and steady as a rock at Autobahn speeds. I don't know if they are standard spec - the car is an ex-demo with black pack.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure why you even need winter/summer tyres and wheels in the UK now that All Season tyres have come of age? See:
I can understand if you need studded or snow chains but here in the UK we don't normally.

The 20" rims with the Pirelli All Season tyres on them will be all you need and they look "right" on the New Evoque I guess unless you do some serious off-roading! :cool:

I have the Michelin Cross Climate + on my Citroën DS3 FWD and in poor weather you really can tell the difference. In the warm, drier weather you gotta be mishandling a normal road car to notice any detriment.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the Michelin Cross Climate + on my Citroën DS3 FWD and in poor weather you really can tell the difference. In the warm, drier weather you gotta be mishandling a normal road car to notice any detriment.
Mine was delivered at the end of last spring and went through last summer on 20" Pirelli Scorpion Zeros and I was very impressed with hot weather handling.
I didn't find any detriment at all.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I have 22” Pirelli Zeros on my Jag F-Pace, they stick like glue to the road. I do notice the slightest bump though over the 20” I had on the Evoque.

·
Registered
11 Posts
18" wheels are standard on the S though you can specify 17" as a no cost option.
The base model evoque has 17" as standard but then you pay more to upgrade to 18" wheels.
I'm very happy with my standard 18" wheels as they look OK and give a lovely compliant ride.
Replacement tyre costs on blackcircles are £312 more for 4 X michelins in 20" rather than 18".
That's on top of the extra cost of the wheels if they weren't standard. Go figure?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
18" wheels are standard on the S though you can specify 17" as a no cost option.
The base model evoque has 17" as standard but then you pay more to upgrade to 18" wheels.
I'm very happy with my standard 18" wheels as they look OK and give a lovely compliant ride.
Replacement tyre costs on blackcircles are £312 more for 4 X michelins in 20" rather than 18".
That's on top of the extra cost of the wheels if they weren't standard. Go figure?
When you think of the outlay on the car itself, that amount extra for 20" wheels/tyres is peanuts!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote: Not sure why you even need winter/summer tyres and wheels in the UK now that All Season tyres have come of age?

Don't really. The winter tyres will still give marginally better performance on snow or at temperatures below 7 deg (which might be important if you are doing night driving at the moment). Since I have a nice set of Wintrax I might as well get the use out of them! That way I'm unlikely to need to buy any new tyres while I keep the car, and it gives me the opportunity to swap wheels around and thoroughly inspect each tyre once a year.
Of course, not doing ANY driving at the moment! :(

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Maffy needs winter tyres with studs and snow chains on his Merc taxi 🚕 ❄ ⛄

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Not in my Taxi especially when I am making them deaf with Oasis blurting out! Happy Punters.
By the way what wheels & Tyres, prefer skids at this time of year!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts