Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evoque D240 SE. Eiger Grey. Pano roof. Drive pack. Privacy glass. Electric tow bar.
13 Posts
So with the Evoque doing the daily duties again been thinking of something for fun.

I'm swaying towards an MX5. Had one many moons ago and loved it. Anyone any experience of the latest model?

Or any other options to consider. After a manual and tbh prefer a sports car to a hot hatch.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
You can always go leftfield like me and get one of these

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
163 Posts
Good choice, which one did you get?

·
Registered
2020 Evoque D240 SE. Eiger Grey. Pano roof. Drive pack. Privacy glass. Electric tow bar.
13 Posts
Mines a 2.5 turbo. 1986. Lots of fettling & a few issues. But lots of fun. Cheap to but too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice colour. Love the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,431 Posts
OOOH. The folding hard top one. Very nice

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
163 Posts
Lovely, does it have a pan roof? Not seen that before.

·
Registered
329 Posts
😍 Love the colour with the black wheels. Enjoy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
First decent run out in the car today. Still smiling :)

It's an mx5 so it's all about the drive, not out and out performance, but it goes well. Not as quick as the misses' JCW but noticeably quicker than the mk3 I had previously (guess that's down to being 100kgs lighter) .

It rides nicely, feels much softer sprung than the previous car and suffers much less scuttle shake. Does roll a bit more though. Good brakes and the steering feel is lovely.

But it's all about just enjoying the drive. The view down the bonnet is ace, being a targa rather than a full convertible much less buffeting and the speakers in the headrests (as in the mk1) are a great idea. Managed to get a launch edition car, so it has the Recaro seat upgrade. Much nicer than the standard seats and adds to the overall experience.

It is quite tight inside though. I'm only 5'11" and the seat is fully extended. Don't remember the previous car being quite so short on space. Don't even have a glove box!!

All in all a good companion for the Evoque I recon.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,431 Posts
Is it the 1.5 or 2 litre ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
2.0. The 160hp one.

They do a 180hp now but that was over budget tbh.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts