Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much sorted out the puppy with all of the Travall gear for the boot. Now I'm just wondering about care and maintenance.

LRE 2020 is black with black pack and black wheels. Looking for some recommendations on a mid-level budget pressure washer (my old one is knackered), snow foam lance, snow foam, filter and any suggestions on the blower for drying would be ace too.

Also, anything to protect the paintwork. I gave up years ago with my A5 but with the new LR, I plan to better so need to learn the current tools of the trade.

Also thinking of changing the fabric mats inside to rubber as more often than not the dog isn't the only one who ends up muddy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I recommend Nilfisk over Karcher, mines still going strong and its close to 8 years old. I've only had to replace a couple of washers on the hose. I have a E140 with a rubber hose as the standard hoses kinks which is annoying :)

I tend to use a APC in a pressure sprayer instead of snow foam, find it less messy and more affective at removing bugs and road grime.

The blower will only work if you have a good paint protection, I just use a cordless garden leaf blower and the car has had Gyeon can coat which is easy to apply.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
This is the blower I use. Hand held, light & cordless. I bought a 5amp Bty for it, I have 2 x 2.5 but a 5 amp has enough life to do the whole car without needing to change it.

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Most important change has been to move to Micro-Fibre Wash mitts, and the dual bucket method. Grit guards in the bucket.

You don't mention what you have been doing to know where to start.

I have a Karcher k5, been pretty good for me for years now. But I rarel snow foam, I also just use an APC from a pressurised spray bottle.

Rarely do I get the blower out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the tips.

Bit of a mixed bag on methods here but I'm sure I can work something out from what you guys have put.

You don't mention what you have been doing to know where to start.
I used to blast my A5 with a pressure washer at the garage to remove 50% of the dirt then called it a day, I gave up on loving the car. I'm not going to let that happen again with this new one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reactions: DKZ5745 and Kilberz

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have a look at forensic detailing channel on YouTube. Wealth of knowledge. I’ve recently had mine polished and ceramic coated, and have bought a few bilt hamber products to use. I’ve bought a trigger and lance from in2detailing and towels, buckets etc from clean & shiny. Looking forward to trying it all out at the weekend.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,000 Posts
It’s that fine grit and dust that damages the paint finish. Sponges hold the debris against the paint whereas the modern microfibre or lambs wool mitts give the paint a chance.
Peeps are disappointed with snow foam as they expect it to remove all the dirt, it just loosens it to allow removal without scrubbing. It is a pre treatment and not a substitute for washing.
So, as mentioned above Double Bucket with grit guards at the bottom, good quality micro fibre mitts and towels. Don’t let the water dry on your paint work, always dry it off.
Keep the bodywork well waxed, it makes the cleaning so much easier.
Just enjoy the process and your new Evoque, beautiful black comes at a price, if you see it as being a chore you’ll never do it properly :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!
Just managed to pick up a K2 on Amazon for £77 new! Although not great reviews coming from katcher lately?!

I'm pretty much ready to go when it all arrives. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hummm ok guys, need some help...

The K2 I got seems pretty shoddy quality, not sure if I should send it back or not?!

I got this lance and this snow foam, seems to come off pretty quick. I used 300ml of snow foam the rest water.. in a 1l bottle... and set the mix as thick as I could get it...

K2 : Kärcher K2 Full Control Pressure Washer

Snow foam: ValetPRO pH Neutral Snow Foam Pre-Wash Cleaner, Thick and High Foaming Formula - 5 L...

Lance: Qooltek Adjustable Foam Cannon 1 Liter Bottle Snow Foam Lance Soap Dispenser Nozzle for Karcher K Series K2 K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 Pressure Washer

If anyone can suggest any better gear than the K2 and the Lance to get better results I'm all ears, thanks!

The snow foam was recommended on the detail thread on here so I know that's good, right?!

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012
42 Posts
I use kränzle power washer and its very good. I use many gyeon products, they are good and not expensive. Gyeon bathe+ for hand wash. Bilt hamber is good snow foam.
For drying i have small makita blower and dry my crazy towel.

·
Registered
2014 evoque dynamic sd4
10 Posts
Im using a couple of products from anachem based in NI. Articulate on first from a pressure sprayer then their snow foam on top after around 5 mins. Leave both for further 5 to 10 mins then 2 bucket method will get very good results. Depending how clean it was before and how well waxed or sealed the paintwork is this combo can do an amazing job using a contactless method between full washes.

Articulate is a non caustic traffic film remover.

Cant wait to wash my vrs again with this method having spent 12 odd hours decontaminating and machine polishing last week. Thank god thats only a once a year job. Evoque due this treatment soon though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts