Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 year warranty is nearly up. Is it worth paying big bucks to Land Rover to extend it or are there other companies that are less money - bit like buying gap insurance?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I suspect you get what you pay for.... others may have views!

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
I certainly wouldn't use a third party insurer for warranty.....if you have one - have a proper LR one!
I learnt this lesson with BMW...... 4 year old 3 series with 38k miles....engine blew up.....Cam chain snapped.....warranty clicked in......would only pay £5000 max....engine cost me £8678.00 not that I have a good memory!
Yes I should have read the policy but this was In the small print and I missed it.... yes always read the policy.....but I'm not the most stupid of people and I easily missed it.....I'd always pay more now for a direct warranty with the manufacturer....lesson learnt „

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi the next question is has anyone had a quote for a LR extended warranty as mine is up in a few weeks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Extended LR warranty is not provided by LR.
You might as well go elsewhere if cheaper with similar or better T&Cs.
Warranty Direct seems to be suggested on other forums, but with haggling over the price, improvement of the hourly labourrate payable and dropping of the betterment clause.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
the way my car is going i need double warranty and if i could would stick with LR as would like to be covered .... had a bad experience with third party myself so always try and stickand manufacturers when I can .....

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Syl said:
Extended LR warranty is not provided by LR.
You might as well go elsewhere if cheaper with similar or better T&Cs.
Warranty Direct seems to be suggested on other forums, but with haggling over the price, improvement of the hourly labour rate payable and dropping of the betterment clause.
Well, that's decided it for me then....I'm not getting caught with that one again.... and I heard it was £475 a year?
This beauty will be going before the warranty is up then „

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'd heard elsewhere on this forum that the LR extended warranty was £100 per month. If this is the case then I will probably be chopping it in at the end of the standard 3 year warranty in April 2019 then highly likely back to petrol. Gonna be an interesting couple of years to see how the motor industry responds to whatever diesel penalties are hoisted on to Joe Public.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
£1200 per year??????
Noooooooo......surely not........?
They know where they can stick that warranty.....
I'd want all my tyres changed for that!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I'd want more than tyres

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
HOW MUCH ??? now i know they do a lot for me all these cups of teas .... and all these extra bits they keep replacing but really doesn't amount to that much .... oh dear hadn't thought past 3 years .... already half way there....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still covered by the 3 year manufacturer's warranty and to be truthful it's terrible trying to get any repair work done. Customer service and dealer are useless. Seat issue and headlight issue, landrover couldn't give a toss !

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
I'd try another dealer then. There seem to be good and awful dealers. Mine has been great, not that I've had to go to them much.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I agree with XZ4, try another dealer, you've got nothing to lose and they don't deserve your custom!

The two I have dealt with have been excellent (so far!!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts