Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a new EV charger installed and wanted to know what everyone else's charge rate was, The Wallbox unit states it can deliver 7.4kW but when I'm charging, it's only using around the 4kW mark. The only thing I can think of is that it was reaching the high 90% of the battery charge so might slow down?

Also, I want the charger to just charge whenever I plug it input I seem to also have to initiate the charge via the remote app, this was the same when using the 3 pin plug charger supplied. Any advice please?

Font Electric blue Circle Logo Screenshot

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
all chargers slow down as they are getting near the end of charging ... our charger is limited to 32 amp high is 7KW ..
Sorry I don't know your charger but if I plug mine in it will trickle charge overnight for me or I can set it to maximum and that will just take a couple of hours from the charger app not the car app ... in your charger app is there any where there you can set a time or maximum charge? as a rule though you shouldn't need to go into LR app to start it off unless you have it set to a schedule or you have it scheduled in the car as well by mistake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Angel, I think I've worked out the charger ramps down the kW when it gets close to the 100% charge. I will take the car out tonight and use up some battery and then see how the charger handles it then

1 - 3 of 3 Posts