Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done everything I can now..The car is ordered for late September and confirmed! 190 bhp deisel Firenze red Dynamic lux with auto and red and black interior. All I can do now is wait and keep fingers crossed that my trusty dealer is not bluffing me. Some of the horrors I've read on here make me worried but I'm sure some of the stories are to enhance the selling of multiple orders for a profit,,,boo sucks..it was the same when the XF was launched.Its going to be a long wait and not sure what I'd get if it all goes wrong as nothing really tickles my fancy. Maybe the new shape Jag XF but the 4x4 is really handy. Any way..ever the optimist

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck! I've chosen almost the same spec/model/colour as you except manual - my dealer is suggesting November for me as I only confirmed my order 3 weeks ago. be grateful if you'd keep me posted if and when you get your Evoque. By the way, I live near Halewood and always drive through the private road for a peek, I've seen red Dynamics in the compound - we've chosen well!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
the Prestige Ipanema Coupé I ordered in April has been confirmed todayfor23rd of October! (delivery in France,then to beimmatriculated in Switzerland= EUR 15'000 spared compared to swiss prices!)

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I'm starting to read that a lot of the Evoques look on track for their Sept, Oct, nov delivery dates. I wonder if some of the hype from the dealers was to get orders in or if they just really didnt know?
Thats a good saving Bambou, why are the prices so high in Switzerland?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll let ou know when it arrives so you can compare waiting times. I'm told that different dealers get different allocations so that's maybe why so many horror stories are around. Can't wait and I'm so glad my dealer managed to get me the firenze after being told that it was not available. I had white as second choice and although its very nice its no where near the red. I'll be using mine in Germany a lot so can't wait to see the German's reaction...THEY ARE SO PROUD OF THEIR MACHINES and hate it when someone goes one better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have just ordered Pure SD4 Auto, got confirmed build date 28/10/11 delivery 10/11/11, can't wait now!

·
Registered
219 Posts
When you say "just ordered" when do you mean? I ordered a pure td4 last week and was told delivery would be early 2012.

·
Registered
133 Posts
insnojackson
4th July - 2 days ago!
I placed a deposit 1st April, confirmed my order a couple of weeks ago and I was told the order bank wasn't open until October and I should get the car around Dec/Jan because the Pure was being built last!. After reading another Evoque froum I realised that the order bank was already open and that my dealer was sitting on my order! I went back to my dealer and was fobbed off with excuses about they can't place my order yet cos the order bank is still not open for Pure. I then decided to phone LR direct 2 days ago and was told the Pure was in production alongside the others and didn't know why my dealer hadn't submitted my order yet, she said she would ring them to find out why. I then e-mailed my dealership manager saying that I had contacted LR and they were looking into why was my order not submitted - within 10 mins the sales manager phoned me apologising for the way my order had been handled and he said he had placed my order now (4th July). I was in the job2 batch, & he e-mailed me the confirmation order with all the dates on.
I was 20 something on my dealer waiting list, I suppose if you are a long way down the list it would delay build dates, but I would definetly push your dealer for answers.

Edited by: caroline11000

·
Registered
1 Posts
My delivery date also confirmed yesterday as between 4th and 10th Nov 2011 (I assumed 2011!)

Ordered at the start of June for a Black Pure SD4, when I went to the car show in London, the Land Rover staff also thought build for Pure was Jan 2012, but I can only assume if that was originally true they have not got as many Dynamic or Prestige cars as a proportion of the expected orders?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am from Barcelona and i gave 2000‚¬ deposit to my Spanish LR shop on 21st March 2011 for a Black Pure SD4, on 10th June i got the build date 11th September for my car.I had to wait long time for the build date, i hope LR don't delay my order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,
My first post.....

I also ordered a Evoque PURE 5 door yesterday. The dealer told me it should be here before the end of the year. Can't wait!

Cheers,
MPK

·
Registered
219 Posts
MPK said:
Hi,

My first post.....

I also ordered a Evoque PURE 5 door yesterday. The dealer told me it should be here before the end of the year. Can't wait!

Cheers,

MPK

I hope so.

However i ordered one 3 weeks ago and was tol jan-march 2012.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Despite starting this thread with an end of September date.......A wee bit miffed....Now have a build date of 7 october with delivery about 2 weks later. I suppose 3 weeks late isn't too bad with the ordering chaos earlier. Just hope it's not delayed further.

·
10,626 Posts
Good luck on that delivery Bongo. The nearer you get to collection the more sleepless nights beckon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I told my dealer I didn't want mine until March, what an idiot!!!!!! trying to be sensible I thought I would wait for the first batch to go out and see if there were any teething problems that would hopefully be sorted before I got mine, and I want it NOW, I CANT WAIT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts