Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,

Does anybody know if it is possible to fit wade sensors to a 2015 2.2 Sd4 Dynamic Lux. I know you can buy Wade sensors You are being redirected... . But the question is the wiring harness, does it go all the way to the mirrors but not have a sensor fitted or because it was not a fitted option is it a different harness which does not go to the mirrors.

Is it possible to retrofit the wade sensor & get it added to the system & screen/ computer?? :unsure:

Cheers Bazz(y)(y)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was interested in this too. I'm also wondering if the wiring looms are standard so options can be retro-fitted much easier. Anyone know?

The wade sensors do seem like a bit of a gimmick though. The wading depth doesn't change and it only tells you the depth down the side of the car when you're already in the wet stuff. You really shouldn't be looking at a screen when in deep water either!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are all the experts gone?? Are they all self isolating? ❓ ❓ ;):unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The other thing I was thinking, specifically for the Wade Sensing is that on the MY20 configurator, Wade Sensing is a free option, I don't know if that was the case with the MY15's etc. But if it's free, it tends to imply that no extra hardware is required and maybe the wing mirrors already have the sensors fitted and wired up as standard?

There are sooo many bits of kit inside these modern wing mirrors that I'm not sure if they would bother building various different ones for installation on the production line, just build a standard mirror and then code the car for the spec. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Bazz, Have a look at the link below. It shows the mirror under cover that would be needed to fit the wade sensor. If you scroll down on the page, it also shows the actual sensor. Both seem to be reasonably priced. Of course, the real issue is the wiring harness:unsure:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bazz, Have a look at the link below. It shows the mirror under cover that would be needed to fit the wade sensor. If you scroll down on the page, it also shows the actual sensor. Both seem to be reasonably priced. Of course, the real issue is the wiring harness:unsure:

Hi rsquared, many thanks for that info, as you say it will all depend on whether the wiring harness is all there.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently it is part of the Drive Package. So not really a no cost option. But we still don't know if the wiring is in situ.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Bazz,
I understood from my one on one VIP visit to halewood to see mine being built that all the looms were specfic to the car ordered-unlike b:sneaky:efore when you could pull a bit of panel off and there was the wiring for XYZ-but I could be wrong.
Someone will be along to discredit me no doubt!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Maffy,
That sounds a bit to much like forward thinking for JLR :unsure:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts