Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

Registered
MY21 P300 E, Carpathian grey, black accessory pack, privacy glass, black alloys.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember I got my new P300 hybrid in July after waiting 5 months for it. 3 weeks after having it some guy drove in the back of it. Anyway last week I got it back from the garage and its like new even tho they haven鈥檛 put my landrover badge back 馃檲 but seems minor what am about to tell you. Monday night my car was vandalized in the locked underground parking. Every panel even the roof has deep scratches. How one can have so much bad luck in the first 2 months of owning their brand new dream car is mind boggling. I don鈥檛 know whether to go through the insurance which means my premium will go up even though I protected my no claims or just pay for the damages ourselves which will probably be a few thousand pound. Is this normal with evoques To be targeted like this 馃 It was only my car targeted and one other broken into. 2 brand new porches in the parking, way more expensive than mine not touched. When I get it fixed I鈥檒l be scared to leave it anywhere 馃槳 I had my last car 15 years and nothing happened to it but it was a Suzuki so not comparable to my evoque. almost every panel damaged including the roof which I only discovered today 馃槵
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Black Automotive design
Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

• Angry
Reactions: liamdotcom

Super Moderator
Oh god, you poor thing! that's absolutely terrible luck, Go through the insurance thats what you pay it for!

To think that can happen in a locked car park, I guess it has no camera security.

You just have to treat it as bad luck, so you can get on with enjoying your car and life!

An accident is one thing, it happens, but mindless vandalism is very distressing and I can only feel for you, just try not to get hung up on such low life's, as it will only bring you down, looks like it was probably stupid kids with little brain matter to speak of.

Registered
Hi is there no CCTV in the locked car park? Its really annoying and upsetting when you get a decent car, look after it and then some jealous individual decides to spoil things, hope you get it sorted, makes you wish sometimes that you had some old banger to run around in.

Registered
MY21 P300 E, Carpathian grey, black accessory pack, privacy glass, black alloys.
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh god, you poor thing! that's absolutely terrible luck, Go through the insurance thats what you pay it for!

To think that can happen in a locked car park, I guess it has no camera security.

You just have to treat it as bad luck, so you can get on with enjoying your car and life!

An accident is one thing, it happens, but mindless vandalism is very distressing and I can only feel for you, just try not to get hung up on such low life's, as it will only bring you down, looks like it was probably stupid kids with little brain matter to speak of.
Thank you. Yes definitely bad luck. There are no cameras unfortunately. I am worried about going through the insurance as my premium will go up even though I have protected my no claims. Not sure how it works. Am holding on the phone now to the insurance company to find out 馃し鈥嶁檧锔

Super Moderator
Yes obviously 2 claims may cost you, there will probably be a limit tothe number of claims you can make in given period, so check this with your insurer.

Your premiums may go up by say 拢100 a year for a few years, that will still be less overall than the repair bill I would guess.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes obviously 2 claims may cost you, there will probably be a limit tothe number of claims you can make in given period, so check this with your insurer.

Your premiums may go up by say 拢100 a year for a few years, that will still be less overall than the repair bill I would guess.
The first claim wasn鈥檛 my fault so didn鈥檛 cost my insurance company and even though this isn鈥檛 my fault it鈥檚 as if it is my fault 馃槵 拢100 is fine as I actually got a good deal with my insurance. I think the repair will be at 拢4000 so it鈥檚 better than than 馃檲

Super Moderator
Yes unfortunately a Claim is a Claim in insurance eye's. fault just denotes who pays, but still a claim has been made.

I think claims have less impact than say Points on your licence etc, unless you lose all your no claims then it can go from sensible to very silly! so thats the thing to be sure of, as you've protected your no claims, worst case they should only drop the no claims from say 60% to 40% for example, but saying that.. every insurance is different and they are a minefield of gotcha's!

Registered
2022 P300e Autobiography on order delivery due? 2015 Fuji White Dynamic now sold
The car is too new not to go through your insurance, the cost will be way more than any increase in premium and it has to be done properly. If you have called your insurer and asked what it will do to your premium they are likely to have added it to your details anyway. My car was hit in a carpark because the other driver forgot to put the handbrake. All on camera, fortunately, but they still saw me as a new risk, even though I wasn't in the car!

Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
Not Good Catherine. Unfortunately there are some bad people about who should be strung up and shot. I'd be going down the insurance route as that will not be a cheap fix.

Reactions: Bazz and rawpilot

Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
Bloody hell I can't believe that, a locked underground car park suggests theres only one way in and one way out, I would get the police involved if they already aren't as you seem to have been targeted when other cars have been left. Are there any signs to say park at your own risk as if this is a secure car park then the operator may have felt no need, maybe theres some hope of recourse there?

Registered
That is a shame, Vandalism is way down compared to the 1990's. I use to park my car in central Glasgow when I worked in an office there and the chances were very high in a city that your car got vandalised, broken into or stolen in 30 seconds. Think I would rather get my car stolen and never see it again, rather than all panels key-ed like that. Now i never go near a city with my car, as I am retired.

Registered
What can I say?.? Mindless morons!
my son had his high performance VW vandalised in the staff鈥檚 hospital car park (he鈥檚 a consultant surgeon there) so he then reverted to using his wife鈥檚 old A4 to go to work.

these people should be strung up by their private parts, in public -鈥. Bring back the old fashioned stocks!!!

as others have suggested I鈥檇 go down the insurance route.

worth putting a dashcam in the car? Which could be activated by any slight external activity - if there is such a device.

poor you, but please don鈥檛 be put off you wonderful Evoque just because of a few mindless thugs.

good luck馃馃憤馃

Registered
So sorry for you. Cannot understand the mentality of some people. Dont give up. Perhaps an all singing dash cam may help in future.

Registered
2013 Evoque 2.2 SD4 Pure Tech in Mauritius Blue with White roof and Black Leather interior.
If it鈥檚 locked parking how did the ******* who did it get in? Is it locked to the public or locked to unauthorised people?
Don鈥檛 be disheartened as my sisters Evoque had acid poured over it and after it came back repaired it was like a new car again.

Registered
So sorry to hear your news. I agree with everything that has been said above 馃檮.
There are dashcams that can be wired into a permanent live that would be activated by such an event. I think I would definitely be looking down that route.
Insurance claim for sure I鈥檓 afraid as I think you will be unpleasantly surprised by the quote to put the car right.

Also, I agree that as you have already enquired with your insurance company it will already be on your file. This happened to me with a house policy claim that I made an enquiry about but then didn鈥檛 go ahead with the claim. I was later told by another insurance company that it had gone down as a claim on my record as I had told the insurance company about it. So, you might as well just go ahead with the claim.

Registered
Some of you may remember I got my new P300 hybrid in July after waiting 5 months for it. 3 weeks after having it some guy drove in the back of it. Anyway last week I got it back from the garage and its like new even tho they haven鈥檛 put my landrover badge back 馃檲 but seems minor what am about to tell you. Monday night my car was vandalized in the locked underground parking. Every panel even the roof has deep scratches. How one can have so much bad luck in the first 2 months of owning their brand new dream car is mind boggling. I don鈥檛 know whether to go through the insurance which means my premium will go up even though I protected my no claims or just pay for the damages ourselves which will probably be a few thousand pound. Is this normal with evoques To be targeted like this 馃 It was only my car targeted and one other broken into. 2 brand new porches in the parking, way more expensive than mine not touched. When I get it fixed I鈥檒l be scared to leave it anywhere 馃槳 I had my last car 15 years and nothing happened to it but it was a Suzuki so not comparable to my evoque. almost every panel damaged including the roof which I only discovered today 馃槵 View attachment 10176

View attachment 10177

View attachment 10178 View attachment 10179

View attachment 10180
Very sorry to see that mindless vandalism - it's so thorough it's almost as if they had a personal grudge. I don't want to be indelicate or nosey but is it possible that a previous partner still has a key or code to the shared garage?

You really do need to claim on your insurance despite your worry about future premiums - most insurers require you to disclose any damage even if no claim was made and this is too big to have forgotten. Also, what if you get it fixed at your own expense and it happens again?

I suggest you need to report it to the police too, even though they will probably just put it on their file. Your insurer will probably require you to do this and provide a case number.

Once again, sorry you have had such a dreadful experience.

Registered
OMG, my heart bleeds for you & your beloved Evoque, my paranoia over mine has just gone up 10 fold!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes unfortunately a Claim is a Claim in insurance eye's. fault just denotes who pays, but still a claim has been made.

I think claims have less impact than say Points on your licence etc, unless you lose all your no claims then it can go from sensible to very silly! so thats the thing to be sure of, as you've protected your no claims, worst case they should only drop the no claims from say 60% to 40% for example, but saying that.. every insurance is different and they are a minefield of gotcha's!
I suppose I鈥檒l find out when my premium is due for renewal. I have never had a fault accident so hopefully that it will count for something. I am such a good careful driver just doesn鈥檛 seem fair 馃槳

Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
So sorry to hear about this Catherine :(
If it's of any consolation, people who do that k矛nd of thing are life's losers.
You'll continue to do well whereas they will live in bitter misery.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So sorry to hear about this Catherine :(
If it's of any consolation, people who do that k矛nd of thing are life's losers.
You'll continue to do well whereas they will live in bitter misery.
Hi

Thank you. you are right. I always say bad things will happen to bad people. At least I can sleep at night knowing am a good person 鈽

1 - 20 of 52 Posts