Evoque Owners Club banner

USB Playlist

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Genaudio 
#1 ·
Hi guys

i have problem when playing music from usb as for some reason the playlist is not showing in order. Like listening to old stuff, and this is a no go for me as concept albums need to be played one after the other. All the metadata on the tracks is right including filename and track number. SHUFFLE mode is OFF. My evoque just removes the order of the tracks. Pls see photos. Any ideas? searched the forum but seems that there are no similar threads.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Reactions: Genaudio
#3 ·
Playlist-getting songs to play in order and start at first track

Hi Genaudio

When I had a similar problem transferring mp3 files to USB, I solved it as follows.

Firstly you do need to rename your mp3 tracks in the order you want to play them by pre-fixing the title with 001, 002, 003 etc.

The problem then is how to get playback on the flashdrive to always start with track 001 so I did the following:

1. Right click the track name of 001 on your playlist and select "Properties"
2. Select the "Details" tab
3. Change the random " #" number from whatever it is to "1".
4. Repeat with the remainder of the playlist, e,g change the "#" number of track 002 on its Properties/Details tab to "2" etc
5. Recall your whole playlist, then go to the "View" tab and click on the "Group by" option
6. Check against "#" and tick the "Ascending" check box
7. You should now find that the playlist is displayed in groups as 1(1), 2(1), 3(1) etc.
8. This seems to always start the playback at track 001 whenever you plug in the flashdrive

I experimented to see whether you can dispense with the 001,002 etc track name prefixes given that the mp3 files are being allocated the desired number in "Properties" but this on its own didn't seem to put them in order when I copied them to the flashdrive. You might have better luck.

By the way I had also downloaded and used a free application called "MP3 Gain" which allows you to easily modulate all your tracks from different sources so that playback is at a consistent volume. It seemed to work.

Good luck, and hope this helps,

Steve

Reactions: Genaudio
#5 ·
Hi Genaudio

When I had a similar problem transferring mp3 files to USB, I solved it as follows.

Firstly you do need to rename your mp3 tracks in the order you want to play them by pre-fixing the title with 001, 002, 003 etc.

The problem then is how to get playback on the flashdrive to always start with track 001 so I did the following:

1. Right click the track name of 001 on your playlist and select "Properties"
2. Select the "Details" tab
3. Change the random " #" number from whatever it is to "1".
4. Repeat with the remainder of the playlist, e,g change the "#" number of track 002 on its Properties/Details tab to "2" etc
5. Recall your whole playlist, then go to the "View" tab and click on the "Group by" option
6. Check against "#" and tick the "Ascending" check box
7. You should now find that the playlist is displayed in groups as 1(1), 2(1), 3(1) etc.
8. This seems to always start the playback at track 001 whenever you plug in the flashdrive

I experimented to see whether you can dispense with the 001,002 etc track name prefixes given that the mp3 files are being allocated the desired number in "Properties" but this on its own didn't seem to put them in order when I copied them to the flashdrive. You might have better luck.

By the way I had also downloaded and used a free application called "MP3 Gain" which allows you to easily modulate all your tracks from different sources so that playback is at a consistent volume. It seemed to work.

Good luck, and hope this helps,

Steve
Metadata track "#" number and title are already numbered and in order. Seems like the "group by" will do the trick. Will test and let you know. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.