Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
From memory. The only way I could play those was via a new iPod touch. Amazon even refunded for the unplayable ones. USB sticks worked perfectly in my Alfa's and BMW's. Weird.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
Amazon download MP3 as Variable bit rate, and the Early Evoques don't like this format, re-encode them as Fixed bit rate and they normally play fine.

I do find larger USB sticks also have trouble locking up,

You can also use WMA format as this plays fine if ripping on a PC.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks PhilSkillI just downloaded some software to convert the mp3 from vbr to cbr and all working well. Hopefully this will solve the problem full time and not fail in a weeks time. Will cancel the appointment tomorrow morning with the garage( wasn't looking forward to driving in present conditions).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same problem over here. My system does not even display the USB, I can just play a CD. The USB is formatted on "FAT32". My Evoque is a 2012 one.Any advice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyoneHas anybody found a solution to playing music via a usb flash drive? I have a SanDisk ultra fit 16gb and I have tried putting my music in folders and without. The first time I plugged into the car 1 track started to play while others kept scrolling through with device error. Now no music plays, just displays the artist and song title. I tried my wifes usb (different make,Verbatim), and this did exactly the same yet both usb work in her car!!
Any ideas? Why can such a little thing cause so much bother!!!Lol
My car is 2012 pure.
Hi, USB has been driving me mad also, I think I found a solution. DO NOT use a branded USB drive i.e. Sandisk or Kingston, I had both of theses and no matter now i formatted the drive, and music files and tags i couldn't get them to work. I bought a cheaper unbranded 16GB USB and now works perfectly.. I assume that there is a small partition on the branded drives for some sort of security, that cannot be removed, great if you want security, not so good of you want music.... New USB formatted fat32, music files are mp3, standard 128kbps, use this free tool to convert your music files, Audio Converter :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Also, I believe the Evoque system is very picky about the formatting. I used my MacBook to format to fat32 for a map update and the car couldn’t see it. I used my ancient Windows laptop to format to fat32 and there it was, so maybe that’s a factor too. 🤔

·
Registered
2016 - EVOQUE DIESEL 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto AINTREE GREEN - PAN ROOF - 10.25 " Android Touchscreen
17 Posts
I have plenty of Amazon music downloads on my USB stick and havn't had any problems playing them in my Evoque.
May I ask what USB stick you have, I am completely new to this and don't know where to start really.

·
Registered
407 Posts
8gb Integral. Its one of those stubby ones so doesn't get in the way of anything. Still working fine. Have added stuff from Amazon downloads MP3 in the year and have had no problems.

·
Registered
2016 - EVOQUE DIESEL 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto AINTREE GREEN - PAN ROOF - 10.25 " Android Touchscreen
17 Posts
8gb Integral. Its one of those stubby ones so doesn't get in the way of anything. Still working fine. Have added stuff from Amazon downloads MP3 in the year and have had no problems.
thanks friend, I'll order one from Amazon today

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
We need to know which entertainment system you guys have, so fill in the Personal details on your user panel, the early ones were far more picky than the Newer. Whitelball I would guess you have a Newer system so Amazon should work.. not the case for the older models.

Would recommend for the early ones only using 8 or 16gb.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We need to know which entertainment system you guys have, so fill in the Personal details on your user panel, the early ones were far more picky than the Newer. Whitelball I would guess you have a Newer system so Amazon should work.. not the case for the older models.

Would recommend for the early ones only using 8 or 16gb.
Tried to add this but can't find the personal details panel sorry!
Land Rover RANGE EVOQUE DIESEL
HATCHBACK
2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
AINTREE GREEN - PAN ROOF - 10.25 INCH ANDROID TOUCHSCREEN - KEYLESS ENTRY

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
Hi Johnny, tap your icon top right, select account settings go to account details, and on that page you can set Vehicl Details. Just put in year, model, colour, engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Johnny, tap your icon top right, select account settings go to account details, and on that page you can set Vehicl Details. Just put in year, model, colour, engine.
Don't think it worked!!

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
Yes I can see details to the left of your post under your Avatar. (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, Integral USB stick bought and loaded but how to organise the tracks is the problem - just 250+ titles displayed on the touch screen in the random sequence they were ripped by WMP - seems only alternative is an option for random play - can I create playlists?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I put mine into folders, Usually by album. Random tracks I put into Folders called something like "songs1" or "tracks" Then I can select the individual albums to play by selecting the Folder. More often I select all the tracks and play them all through on a loop this is done alphabetically. Ive got about fifteen different folders with about 350 tracks on mine. I can select several folders at one time by selecting artists by name. So say I have three Colplay folders, selecting Coldplay will play all the Coldplay tracks I have on the stick.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts