Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyoneHas anybody found a solution to playing music via a usb flash drive? I have a SanDisk ultra fit 16gb and I have tried putting my music in folders and without. The first time I plugged into the car 1 track started to play while others kept scrolling through with device error. Now no music plays, just displays the artist and song title. I tried my wifes usb (different make,Verbatim), and this did exactly the same yet both usb work in her car!!
Any ideas? Why can such a little thing cause so much bother!!!Lol
My car is 2012 pure.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a scan disk and the first thing I did was format the usb (Not quick format) before I used it. The files I put on the disk were .mp4 and they work just fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, i did reformat the USB twice but used the quick format. Will try again and un-tick the quick format box. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLVED:
I ripped the music from the CD and then put that onto the USB, works perfectly. Must be something not compatible with Amazon Music downloads preventing the Evoque playing the tracks. Only problem now is I do not have all the music I like on CD, i will have to try burning a CD then repeating this process.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
What's the Amazon file format and what's the working one after ripping?

You may be able to convert formats - but some are tricky. Using the CD/ripping method may be the simplest route in the end.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have plenty of Amazon music downloads on my USB stick and havn't had any problems playing them in my Evoque.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Thewhiteball said:
I have plenty of Amazon music downloads on my USB stick and havn't had any problems playing them in my Evoque.
What file format do you have them in to compare them with m/nibbles?

·
Registered
407 Posts
They are downloaded as Mp3 and play as Mp3.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are both MP3!, different bit rates though if that makes a difference. I'm hoping there is an easier way as its taking approximately 45 mins to rip 1 CD.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ive my media player on a windows ten laptop set to rip to Mp3 and it takes about ten to fifteen mins to rip a cd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, mine used to be the same,but I have not ripped a CD for along while. I have used a lens cleaner but no difference.Really annoyed as most of the music for the last couple of years was download only so I have no CD to rip,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eureka
I think I have found the final answer. I just checked all the Amazon MP3 tracks and noticed in the properties that they were set to be opened by Groove music app form windows. I changed this to open by Windows Media Player, transferred a song onto the stick, straight out into the Evoque and bingo... played straight away.
Maybe the Groove app was unrecognised by the Evoque. I so hope this is the answer as it will save me alot of time and may help someone else with a similar problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forget that last post.Just transferred the 3 albums I wanted, popped the usb in the car, it started to play the first track then device error. wen through all the song and none played , not even the ones that worked a few minutes earlier.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine are from iTunes so different format to Amazon. There should be a freebie out there to convert yours to a usable format.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tried converting on iTunes...... nothing played. Wiped the USB and synced with Widows Media Player, first 5 tracks played until the next album came up, once again device error then nothing would play, not even the first 5 songs. This is ridiculous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have contacted the dealership where I purchased the vehicle from and the technical support are going to call me to get the car fixed.... Hopefully!This problem has baffled me.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
megannibbles said:
SOLVED: 
I ripped the music from the CD and then put that onto the USB, works perfectly. Must be something not compatible with Amazon Music downloads preventing the Evoque playing the tracks. Only problem now is I do not have all the music I like on CD, i will have to try burning a CD then repeating this process.
If you looked back at post Philskill and myself put up back in 2012 you would see that downloaded music from amazon. Play & I tunes were virtually in playable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have read those post as well as others and some say they do play. Duckworths are taking the Evoque in on friday as they think there may be a software glitch, if not will find out what the problem is...... HopefullyThe post I put down as SOLVED was unfortunately premature and far from solved.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts