Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a problem playing music from my Iphone 6, i.e Spotify.
It does not work from the USB or the Ipod mode. It Works in Bluetooth mode, but when i try to charge it, the Bluetooth does not work either.....really frustrating!!
I have tried different cables, and different Phones, With the same result.
By the way, it worked before.....
Does anybody know if there are any settings in the menu of the car, that can make a difference....? Resetbutton or anything?

·
Super Moderator
10,077 Posts
Sorry, I can't help as I have my music on a memory stick. Hopefully someone with some tech knowledge will be along soon with advice for you.

And welcome too.
Edited by: XZ4

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I always use my iphone to play spotify via bluetooth.

On long journeys i have hit the same issue as you. Plug into charge the iphone - bluetooth and hence music stops. I and the teenage (and hence more techi) beasties have tried everything with no success. So when the iphone dies - have to go old school and pop in a CD while it is charging

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you tried using a cigar socket adaptor USBto charge the phone
while playing music over Bluetooth?
This should not be seen as a connection attempt and playback should continue while charging.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Kerr - good idea if the car had a cigar/cig lighter. It is just a plastic hole with nothing in it - believe you may have to have the smokers pack?

·
Registered
911 Posts
There's a cigar type socket in the centre armrest cubby hole on my SE tech and I didn't get a smokers pack. I have a double usb adaptor plugged into it.Edited by: Doogi

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Will look tomorrow - too cold and dark now for me to get off the sofa

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would expect the lighter bit to be a plastic fake, but the socket nonetheless wired for power supply purposes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have found that Spotify over Bluetooth works well, but it seems you need to start it over Bluetooth first, and only then plug the charger cable into the iPhone, running it from the 12V socket under the arm rest (it also works from the cigarette lighter- which is not fake!).

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only bit I was calling fake is the removable bit that you touch to the cigarette. Think the sockets will be the same, smokers pack or not, although it may have a lower rated fuse fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried using a cigar socket adaptor USBto charge the phone
while playing music over Bluetooth?
This should not be seen as a connection attempt and playback should continue while charging.
This is what I do and it works , but with no info on the car’s screen

·
Registered
20 Posts
It’s very weird that you can’t have your phone plugged in and listen to music at the same time. So frustrating. I wish I could get Apple play on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts