Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I’ve looked at them ...there is a set for sale half price on Ebay at the moment (they had two sets but seem to have sold one).......weak seals and water ingress so presume returned under warranty..........I’ve used aftermarket lights on several marques and they range from crap to better than OEM standard ......that the question.....what’s the quality like ?.......I think Powerfuluk.com still sell them and therefore I would assume they are good quality.......if your updating from the pre 2016 facelift then they start to make sense to me ......but if you already have that style then tinting would be a lot cheaper and you retain OEM quality ;-)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ps I’ve just won a set of the rare Hawke rear lights to try from ebay.......rare because they where a very expensive unit to buy new but now I’m keeping the car I fancied a change and these are the only real option for me.........if I don’t like them on the car I’ll resell and tint the OEM facelift lights I already have like the pic above

Reactions: Terryh

·
Registered
2012 dynamic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seen the you tube videos looks like water ingress with original lights in powerfuluk vids as they changed lights
Purchased these off them see how it goes not picking the car up till next week
Changing from RR sport 06 to the evoque

·
Registered
432 Posts
You’ll notice a big improvement in build quality (y)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Seen the you tube videos looks like water ingress with original lights in powerfuluk vids as they changed lights
Purchased these off them see how it goes not picking the car up till next week
Changing from RR sport 06 to the evoque
The OEM lights do get condensation in them....thats normal for modern lights ie they are not sealed unit like they used to be......I think with aftermarket units some people take that as a fault but its what they are designed to do ....water ingress is something different again as it can affect the electrics and green mildew to build up ;-)

·
Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux
19 Posts
Picked up my MY2012 Dynamic Lux a few weeks ago and I think these might be fitted to it as my rear lights don't look standard. They had a lot of condensation inside the OSR. Took it of yesterday, dried it out with the wife's Dyson hairdryer 😁. Taped up all the screws and carefully clear silicone sealed around the light . They do look nice on the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts