Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SD4 Pure from 12/2014 has the standard radio with 5" screen.
I would like to upgrade to an android system with navigation, reverse camera, etc.
The chinees suppliers of the good looking 10,25" systems write that their products do not fit. Why not, they can not tell!
Has somebody experience with this!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The standard screen is 8" I believe but people outside of the UK like you have mentioned smaller ones.
I'm guessing that's why some of the 'Chinese' products won't fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

As written in my original question I have indeed a small 5" screen. The total size of the unit is the same. So why does a 10.25" replacement not fit?
  • is there physically not enough space behind my unit?
  • is the original 8" navigation/multimedia unit built up out of more seperated parts of which just the screen and buttons are replaced by the 10.25" upgrade?
  • or something else?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good Ole' JLR, not making things to complicated then o_O :unsure::eek::mad::poop::poop:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think it is in Hungary.

·
Registered
662 Posts
No Prob's --- Looking outside you'll be glad you kept your winter drawers on🥶🥶

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not seen that layout beforer-is it a foreign spec?
Originally delivered in Germany. I'm importing the car to Hungary now.
This cheap radio was standard in the Pure-edition as sold in several European countries.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Had them on for a few months now Bazz, nicely settled in thankyou, however Mrs M says she wants them as she thinks they need washing!!!!-The cheek of it!

IDO, guess it all depends what wiring you have as well-there are Chinese systems out there that will fit that size and apature. just depends if you can get them to work with whatever wiring you have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts