Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my astra i can get gold uk radio, but not on Evoque. Very limited amount of stations compared to my 67 astra.
Is there any way to update this system?
Thank you

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
329 Posts
Hi I have a 2013 model as well and we have do not have DAB+ that came out after ours were built. I had my software updated a few weeks back and they said it included a radio update but I am not sure exactly what.
I have re tuned it and had a look this morning and no I can’t get gold either but could get it it on AM. (Frequencies on their website).
Maybe someone with access to Topix can add more info?
Ian

·
Registered
235 Posts
My 17 Evoque receives Gold ok. Maybe as mentioned above to do with DAB+

·
Registered
2013 2.2 sd4 5dr santorini black
22 Posts
I’ve just replaced the dab module with a dab+ Module, it only requires a new power connector as it’s different to the original, it’s literally plug and play, retune the new module and you have all the dab & dab+ stations 👌

·
Registered
329 Posts
I’ve just replaced the dab module with a dab+ Module, it only requires a new power connector as it’s different to the original, it’s literally plug and play, retune the new module and you have all the dab & dab+ stations 👌
Do you have any photos or part numbers please, and where is it located?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dab module is sat just below the right side boot window, you need to remove the 2 floor luggage tie downs and then fold the rear seat down, pop the interior light out and unplug it and then use a trim clip tool to aid removal of the whole side trim panel, once this has been pulled out the way you will see the module, held down by 2 bolts.

The part numbers for the dab+ module I used and power supply connector adaptor are
CPLA-14F720-BP (module)
LR032814 (power connector adaptor)

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are loads of modules on eBay as it’s used across the range... but the adaptor you’ll need to get from LR unless your eBay module comes with cut off plugs attached 👌

btw our evoque is a 2013 👍

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are loads of modules on eBay as it’s used across the range... but the adaptor you’ll need to get from LR unless your eBay module comes with cut off plugs attached 👌

btw our evoque is a 2013 👍
Thank you, I think I will do the same to mine. Much appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, I think I will do the same to mine. Much appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Ooh, sounds good. Is it difficult, I'm ok ish but not a technophobe, but can find my way around if not too difficult 🤔. Sounds like what I need 👍

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ooh, sounds good. Is it difficult, I'm ok ish but not a technophobe, but can find my way around if not too difficult 🤔. Sounds like what I need 👍
it’s just a case of 3 plugs and 2 bolts to swap the module

There maybe be an official guide to removal of the boot side panel but other than the 2 bolts for the luggage ties it’s basically just clipped in place, you just need to unclip it all the way round and slide it over the seat hook to get it out the way...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi, thanks for the great info. Two questions please.
Does anyone know definitively in what model year did DAB+ become standard on the UK spec evoque?
Secondly I have seen a lot of DAB modules for sale on eBay. The early ones seen easy to differentiate having a completely different part number and being made in Portugal.
The later ones are the part number you listed and made in Thailand. But there is a lot of different last letters, BP, BN, BM, BH etc. Any idea if the last letter makes any difference given the rest of the number matches?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what I read on the jag and RRS forums (it’s a popular upgrade for them too) the B is the important part, the last letter is believed to be software version. Oh and my module came from a 2016 discovery

·
Registered
329 Posts
From what I read on the jag and RRS forums (it’s a popular upgrade for them too) the B is the important part, the last letter is believed to be software version
Thanks, that is great I have now just found this on the Jaguar forum.

DAB modules are 6H52-19C032-Ax
DAB+ modules are CPLA-14F720-Bx
The x can be many different letters depending on the module revision...

Good news is there is one in the breakers less than 1 mile from my house, it will have to be done :):)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks, that is great I have now just found this on the Jaguar forum.

DAB modules are 6H52-19C032-Ax
DAB+ modules are CPLA-14F720-Bx
The x can be many different letters depending on the module revision...

Good news is there is one in the breakers less than 1 mile from my house, it will have to be done :):)
thats a bonus, see if they will let you snip the power connector out with the module 😉 oh and maybe practice on side panel removal 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh I checked though the channel list today, there are approx. 66 stations listed now, which is a vast improvement on maybe 20 odd before 🤔 but I am only about 4 miles from the Waltham transmitter 🤭

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it’s just a case of 3 plugs and 2 bolts to swap the module View attachment 7078

There maybe be an official guide to removal of the boot side panel but other than the 2 bolts for the luggage ties it’s basically just clipped in place, you just need to unclip it all the way round and slide it over the seat hook to get it out the way...
Is this the only wiring part required to wire the new unit up - LR032814? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,031 Posts
The dab module is sat just below the right side boot window, you need to remove the 2 floor luggage tie downs and then fold the rear seat down, pop the interior light out and unplug it and then use a trim clip tool to aid removal of the whole side trim panel, once this has been pulled out the way you will see the module, held down by 2 bolts.

The part numbers for the dab+ module I used and power supply connector adaptor are
CPLA-14F720-BP (module)
LR032814 (power connector adaptor)
Is this the only wiring part required to wire the new unit up - LR032814? Thank you
Looks like it from jonnybgud's post

Reactions: Jonnybgud
1 - 20 of 28 Posts