Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, we have had our Evoque since January 2020 - an ex Landrover vehicle acquired at 18 months old with around 4k miles on it. Due to Covid, we've only put another 5k on it, but it was due a service today.

The main dealer reports that the undertray is missing.

I'm assuming that hitting anything hard enough to remove that undertray would be a noticeable event?

Given that the car is strictly road use only and has not been offroad and I think the garage's alternative explanation (it's been stolen) literally incredible, any thoughts in whether said part was ever actually in place?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,612 Posts
I would have thought if it has been caught on something and ripped off there would still be bits left around the remaining mounting bolts.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
378 Posts
You say ex Land Rover, is it white?

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My best guess would be it’s had a service or fault of some sort and the mechanics have taken it off and couldn’t be arsed to put it back on. I’ve had this before but not on my Evoque.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My best guess would be it’s had a service or fault of some sort and the mechanics have taken it off and couldn’t be arsed to put it back on. I’ve had this before but not on my Evoque.
Agreed, or it could be an ex Land Rover Experience car which will have spent a lot of time off-road before the current owner acquired. (need more on the spec - 18" wheels/wade sensors/etc - to guess whether that is a possibility)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Webev901

Newbie here, we have had our Evoque since January 2020 - an ex Landrover vehicle acquired at 18 months old with around 4k miles on it. Due to Covid, we've only put another 5k on it, but it was due a service today.

The main dealer reports that the undertray is missing.

I'm assuming that hitting anything hard enough to remove that undertray would be a noticeable event?

Given that the car is strictly road use only and has not been offroad and I think the garage's alternative explanation (it's been stolen) literally incredible, any thoughts in whether said part was ever actually in place?
This rang a bell - a member called Kempy posted a similar query 3 months ago. I've tried to paste the link below:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts