Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 white Dynamic Lux, inc black pack.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Dynamic Lux. Ready to buy it but
appears extremely rusty underneath. Why is this and should I stay away?

·
Registered
2013 2.2 SD4 Dynamic Hatchback 5d Auto
15 Posts
Hmm that looks a bit crusty. Wife’s is 2013 and it’s a lot cleaner than that.
Normally the fuel tank shield is the worst area for rust.
Definitely not unheard of to have rusty Evoque’s though.

I did hear of one when I was on holiday in Devon a couple of years ago. The young waitress at the local pub had bought her dream Evoque funnily enough from our home town of the time in the East Midlands. She’d had a few issues and taken it to Land Rover in Exeter. The rust was that bad Land Rover impounded the vehicle contacted the garage that sold her the car. Her money was returned. And that was that. Understand it was originally from Scotland.
I’m assuming Land Rover knew the cars history and someone did a dodgy flogging it when it should never have been re sold.

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
If you were going to buy that one, negotiate a new Fuel Tank Shield, there is a hole in it already, year or 2 and you'll be putting a new one on at your cost so get it sorted now, Generally does look rusty, but then so does mine now...

Reactions: Cars123

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,290 Posts
Hi Cars123
Welcome to the EOC!
My 2013 has much less rust and corrosion than your pictures.
There is this ongoing issue with the aluminium bolts holding the EPAS motor that may fail due to corrosion, so that is also a consideration as the rest has so much rust.
Looks like an oil leak from the rear diff too.
But it’s a great spec and it’s all price dependent. After all it is an 8 year old car.
Oh and make sure the Cambelt and Waterpump have been changed as that is overdue now.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
613 Posts
Hi that looks mainly surface rust on the subframes. The tank shield has already been mentioned but if the rest is solid I would negotiate the price , then get it steam cleaned and rust proofed. Better still do it yourself so it is done right, few places put the time in. Having owned a couple of MX5’s that would be called pristine 😁😁😁

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2012 white Dynamic Lux, inc black pack.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Cars123
Welcome to the EOC!
My 2013 has much less rust and corrosion than your pictures.
There is this ongoing issue with the aluminium bolts holding the EPAS motor that may fail due to corrosion, so that is also a consideration as the rest has so much rust.
Looks like an oil leak from the rear diff too.
But it’s a great spec and it’s all price dependent. After all it is an 8 year old car.
Oh and make sure the Cambelt and Waterpump have been changed as that is overdue now.
Hope fully be an owner soon too! All the comments offer great advice, haven’t even considered the cambelt and water pump.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
379 Posts
I'd also get them to check the Haldex as there seems to be quite a bit of oil around the driveshaft at the back there.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,009 Posts
I'd also get them to check the Haldex as there seems to be quite a bit of oil around the driveshaft at the back there.
Reading other posts it looks like the OP gave this a miss and bought a different vehicle in the end...

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte
1 - 9 of 9 Posts