Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im now 600 miles into my Evoque ownership and enjoying it but...

having covered 200 miles on a trip to Perthshire yesterday Ive noticed the padding on the seat nearest the drivers door is 'prominent" and putting so much pressure on my right thigh its going numb on a long drive! Its almost as if the seat is too narrow and could do with widening ( or flattening ).

Now before you ask I'm 5 foot eight, 12 stone and the wife tells me i have er "a pert bum" so not exactly asking for too much here from a seat am I ?

Has anyone noticed the same problem on their driver seat at all..they seem slightly too slim to me or could do with being flatter ( sure aint as comfortable as previous LR3 ) ?

It occurred to me this part of the seat is the part that takes the most wear and tear and is a good indicator of age on secondhand motors so perhaps LR are thinking ahead and over filling this part for longevity ?

Anyone else had same experience so far ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes exactly the same problem that i have, covered about 1100 miles now in 4weeks and just cant get comfy.

My longest trip was 260 miles and had to stop twice due to the seat being so uncomfortable, my FL2 was a lot more comfy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had an interesting hip pain moment after doing a 100 mile schlep round the M25 as the seat seems to push the hip into a position it doesn't like. Not sure what the answer is and it is a real shame but I am using the train for longer journeys now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had the same problem with my RRS supercharged but believe it or not at the first service (11000 miles) they replaced the whole seat cushion and leather under warranty as it had collapsed! New seat is a lot more comfortable. Don't know if the Evoque seats will wear better but hope they're not as uncomfortable as mine was new...

·
Registered
41 Posts
My dynamic seats are indeed "challenging" on long drives... Not on my thigh or hips but on my lower back...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive found no issues with my Dynamic seats, longest run about 350 miles, doing a couple of 120 milers a week just now and driven 3500 miles total.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have found the "door" side seat bolster to be either too high or firm on my Pure. Spend the 1st 5 mins. of most journeys "bum shuffling" which then puts you in a slightly unnatural position. Has anyone raised the issue with a dealer?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes having the same problem on longer journeys in my dynamic. Taking out my wallet helps a bit (not that there's much in there) but the seats definitely need some sort of adjustment as my right leg gets numb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting cramp in my shins (!!) - put it down to increasing senescence. That was an hour's with stop start in London but no problem at all motoring up to N Norfolk coast or Oxford. There are some many ways to adjust them that could do with expert advice. LR?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes there is a problem here. Friends blame it on my large posterior but it's not that big! I'm a 36 inch waist. The right lateral support def digging in. It's as though the seat is not big enough and off centre relative to the steering wheel and pedals. This is an issue JLR, especially for someone likely to do circa 40k miles pa

·
Registered
136 Posts
By the way I'm going to be keeping a running commentary on twitter for those that are interested. I'll do circa 40k miles per annum so will be tweeting my experience of the car under heavy admittedly mainly motorway use in the week at least. Please feel free to follow #evoqroadwarrior. Only set it up today all welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the US its my left cheek. Even on short drives. If you press it a bit it goes away for a while but returns. Sometimes worse than others. Dynamic for me. In another forum it seemeds to be limited to Dynamics but it seems to be all the models based on these posts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Only done just over 300 miles so far, I don't find the seat uncomfortable, but I have a problem in that I find my bum sliding forward on the leather and have to keep sliding myself back in the seat! LOL

1 - 20 of 149 Posts